Paparazzi!

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
PlainIsaac
Insurance Journal Fan

Paparazzi!

Post by PlainIsaac »

How are we doing fellas. Well, first request since I usually find everything I need by searching the site (real informative). As title states, need a market for a Paparazzi. They have been working for this company under 1099's for 6+ years and they just went freelance. They asked me to insure the equipment up to 20,000 but I rather offer them a BOP. Makes more sense to me. The issue is that I can't find a market for it in California. I know there was a company that did it 3 years ago but vanished. If I cant find a company that will do a BOP for that type of venue, maybe I can find equipment floater for that amount. The problem I face with the floater is that most MGA's won't entertain it since it is equipment that presents them a high risk (Cameras, etc, can be readily stolen). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Paparazzi!

Post by pita3333 »

Very seriously doubt you will find a true BOP on this type of account.

I would look at the typical entertainment markets/carriers. I am not personally familiar with them, but you can find them via market search or other posts.

As for the equipment. Theft/loss of any one piece should be under a reasonable deductible. What you really should be looking at is covering the full schedule against a major loss. This should push rate/terms downward.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
Godfather
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Godfather »

Have you tried abacus.com?
PlainIsaac
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PlainIsaac »

pita3333 wrote:Very seriously doubt you will find a true BOP on this type of account.

I would look at the typical entertainment markets/carriers. I am not personally familiar with them, but you can find them via market search or other posts.

As for the equipment. Theft/loss of any one piece should be under a reasonable deductible. What you really should be looking at is covering the full schedule against a major loss. This should push rate/terms downward.
Thank you ro your reply. I guess BOP's are out of question. I will aim for low deductible on property. Also, thought about getting a GL package with property section but assumed there might be restrictions on property on-the-go.
Godfather wrote:Have you tried abacus.com?
Thank you for your reply.

I checked it out but it seems like a wealth management company. Did not see a thing on the subject of insurance. Might have posted the wrong address?
PlainIsaac
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PlainIsaac »

Godfather wrote:Have you tried abacus.com?
Think I found the website you mentioned. (www.abacus.net). Thank you.
SFOInsuranceLady
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by SFOInsuranceLady »

Try: Abacus.NET...I used them once. You will probably have to settle for a Standard Package policy (Property with G/L) and perhaps Inland Marine. This classification would make it impossible to obtain a true BOP-type policy. Also, $20,000 worth of equipment sounds rather low (my daughter is a Graphic Design/Photography Major and her equipment alone as an amature is about half of that amount)....are they a small company? Also, you may want to try Americana Program Underwriters/AM Wins. URL: amprograms.com. They a broadcasters BusinessPRO program that we needed for two of our clients. I'm not sure if they will do Paparazzi, but it's worth a try. Good Luck!
PlainIsaac
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PlainIsaac »

SFOInsuranceLady wrote:Try: Abacus.NET...I used them once. You will probably have to settle for a Standard Package policy (Property with G/L) and perhaps Inland Marine. This classification would make it impossible to obtain a true BOP-type policy. Also, $20,000 worth of equipment sounds rather low (my daughter is a Graphic Design/Photography Major and her equipment alone as an amature is about half of that amount)....are they a small company? Also, you may want to try Americana Program Underwriters/AM Wins. URL: amprograms.com. They a broadcasters BusinessPRO program that we needed for two of our clients. I'm not sure if they will do Paparazzi, but it's worth a try. Good Luck!
Well thank you for your time.

Yes, they just went free-lance after working under contract. The exact amount per receipts is 18780 and they want to insure the minimum so I am sure we can dig out around 20000 scheduled and will get her some unscheduled equipment additional coverage.

I will take your advise and will keep you posted as to the results. Thank you once again.