TX work comp

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
GrowthAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

TX work comp

Post by GrowthAgent »

Hello.

I'm looking for TX mono-line WC markerts for main street business(small business). I've heard Texas Mutual controls alot of the market. Is 1st Comp competitive in TX?

Thank you in advance.
agencyproducer
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by agencyproducer »

I would suggest the Hartford for risks with total payroll less than $1M. Texas Mutual does control much of the market in Texas, but it is SUPPOSED to be (the Fund) the carrier of last resort, not rated by AM Best.
GrowthAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Tx WC

Post by GrowthAgent »

Thank you for the intel. Hartford requires supporting business. I'm looking for a mono-line WC carrier in TX for small business. Ace & AIG I know about, but what about 1st Comp. Any knowledge of them?
txinsurancemanager
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by txinsurancemanager »

My experience with Texas Mutual is excellent. Their on line quoting system makes it very easy (in most classifications) to generate a quote/proposal. However, if the classifications require UW approval before release, the delay is sometimes significant.

1st Comp is very competitive with Texas Mutual and their on line system is easy to navigate as well.

Service Lloyds is also an good option for Texas WC.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Doesn't First Comp or Mid West Ins.,write in the Long Horn State :?: :?:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)