Special event on 3 Yachts - need Liabilty

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
SkylarW
Insurance Journal Fan

Special event on 3 Yachts - need Liabilty

Post by SkylarW »

My insured is having 3 new years eve parties on 3 different yachts in NYC . any idea where I can get GL and LLLL for the event. Ive been declined right and left and i specialize in this type of insurance. I would be greatful for any help
CA_Marine_Broker
Insurance Journal Fan

What markets have you exhausted?

Post by CA_Marine_Broker »

Which markets have you tried? Have you tried to get temporary coverage for these parties endorsed to the individual vessel's policies or are you looking for stand alone LLLL and GL Coverage for these parties?
Barbara Fenton
Insurance Journal Fan

Special Event on 3 yachts

Post by Barbara Fenton »

You might try Marine N-Surance Brokers (Paul Greenaway) Phone: 205-414-9647. A no frills insurance outlet but gets the coverage placed.
WildAngel
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by WildAngel »

My best guess, try Acadia's Ocean Marine Dept. Ted Wirth @ 1-800-870-1170 x. 1646. Even if he can't write, he could probably tell you who could. Hope that helps some.
SkylarW
Insurance Journal Fan

thank you

Post by SkylarW »

thank you for the leads, i will post back and let you know how it goes
aplessing
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by aplessing »

Perhaps I am missing something, but I assume the yachts are presently insured for Hull & P&I. As a risk management matter, you should ask for certificates of insurance and the cost to be added to their policies as an additional insured for the events.

I doubt that anyone able to afford to have three private New Year's Eve parties on three separate private yachts will be serving the food and booze him/herself, so you will want to get certs from the caterer for both CGL and LLL exposures; again, as a matter of risk management, you should make sure that the caterer also provides a cert for work comp. Check out 33 U.S.C. 18 - SECTIONS 901-950 for exceptions to persons entitled to coverage under Federal Longshore-Harbor Workers Compensation Act and U.S.C. Title 46 Jones Act . You will also want to know (confirmation) if the Yachts being used are regulated under Jones Act and if they are, do they in fact comply.

Then you are simply left with a special event exposure. Albert Ruben in mid-town Manhattan used to do this type of risk all the time and now they are a part of Aon "" look them up, as they broker these risks.
SkylarW
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by SkylarW »

[quote="aplessing"]Perhaps I am missing something, but I assume the yachts are presently insured for Hull & P&I. As a risk management matter, you should ask for certificates of insurance and the cost to be added to their policies as an additional insured for the events.

I doubt that anyone able to afford to have three private New Year's Eve parties on three separate private yachts will be serving the food and booze him/herself, so you will want to get certs from the caterer for both CGL and LLL exposures; again, as a matter of risk management, you should make sure that the caterer also provides a cert for work comp. Check out 33 U.S.C. 18 - SECTIONS 901-950 for exceptions to persons entitled to coverage under Federal Longshore-Harbor Workers Compensation Act and U.S.C. Title 46 Jones Act . You will also want to know (confirmation) if the Yachts being used are regulated under Jones Act and if they are, do they in fact comply. =quote]

All the above has been accounted for, we have certs from everyone. I cant find anyone to write to Special event coverage. I specialize in entertainment risks and am having a hard time. no one wants to cover it. Name a company and they have declined. Aon/ruben would approach the same markets as I would. i know them well :D