What markets write wind in TX?? Please help!!

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
mike40829
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

What markets write wind in TX?? Please help!!

Post by mike40829 »

What markets are still writing package with wind in Texas coastal areas? It has been a hell the last few years after Catrina, wind rates still keep going up and my clients are strapped for cash with the slowing economy.

I need competitive markets that will write small commercial with wind. TIV is between 500k-3M.

Thank you
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: What markets write wind in TX?? Please help!!

Post by LadyBroker »

Are you coastal?
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
RMaxey
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by RMaxey »

Have you tried the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association? I know they write for residential and I am pretty sure they write for commercial in Tier One.
mike40829

Post by mike40829 »

I do use TWIA, but TWIA's rates have gone sky high in the last two-three years. The fact is I was writing many of my commercial coastal properties with carriers that included wind in their package policies. At this time I cannot find carriers that are interested in including wind with the property.

If any of you know of a carrier that will include wind please let me know.
Andy.B.
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Andy.B. »

Have you tried ICAT? I've heard they're spectacular!
mike40829

Post by mike40829 »

I should have been more specific in my OP. I am looking for an insurance company that will include wind coverage with the property policy.

Yes, I know the premium will be more and I know not many are doing this. But I am looking for alternatives to ICAT and TWIA. Put it simply I do not want to obtain a separate policy for wind.
Matt80303
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Matt80303 »

ICAT can write fire including wind on one policy. You don't need to purchase the wind on a separate policy. Basic product info is here: http://welcome.icat.com/icat/products/com_multi.action

Feel free to send me a note if you're interested and I can forward it to the right person.

Thanks,
Matt