Ambulance Service - Workers Comp

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Peobigwig
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Peo And Employee Leasing

Post by Peobigwig »

Let's look at the real profit picture.

In today's competitive market, only the smart leader sees profit margins climbing. He/she realizes that one of the largest expenditures (which must be constantly addressed) is balanced and cost-effective staffing. The successful leader realizes that Employee Leasing provides a competitive edge.

Employee Leasing is not a totally new concept. It has been tried and proven by some of today's leaders and most profitable companies. It can help to stabilize your costs and insulate you from unexpected increases, which can send your profit margins tumbling. Our company, P.M.L. Worldwide can manage those risks for you. P.M.L. will be your "silent" partner.

So, How Does It Work?

We work together. You become a client and P.M.L. becomes you Professional Employer Organization (PEO) Together, we co-employ all of your staff. We assume responsibility for payroll, worker's comp, unemployment insurance, medical benefits, payroll taxes, and other employer/employee-related issues.

You maintain control of staffing (hiring and firing), day-to-day on-site supervision, and the normal operations of your business. However, you now have P.M.L.'s input and expertise at your disposal.

Employee Leasing-A Proven Management Tool.

Quotes from: 1. Wall Street Journal, 2. USA Today, and 3. Fortune Magazine

1. "The employer avoids payroll, insurance and tax hassles. The staffers are happier too, because they get better benefits"
2. "The PEO concept appeals to the small to medium-sized firms who want to be free from book keeping chores and labor problems"
3. "Employees are even more enthusiastic than employers about the arrangement"

This is the bottom line; as your PEO, P.M.L. will handle all those complex issues that rob you of valuable decision-making time. This lets you do what you do best... manage your business. We will become the employer of record through a contractual legal arrangement-called employee leasing. P.M.L. takes the responsibility for payroll administration, taxes and withholding, worker's compensation, unemployment insurance, medical benefits and related government mandated regulatory compliance and reporting.

So What Does P.M.L. Do For Your Company?

We prepare your payroll check.
We handle wage garnishments.
We prepare management information reports.
We computes and pay State and Federal Payroll Taxes.
We will help you avoid late Taxes, Fees and Penalties.

We do all this for our clients, but the best part is, simply, it's all within what you're already spending on your own!

And Whats In It For Employees?

Prompt, accurate payroll and delivery.
Group Benefits(s) coverage for full time employees.
Prompt accurate wage reports for employee purchases.
Optional choice of BC/BS plans.
Prescription Card option (if enrolled for health coverage).
Stand alone Dental and/or Vision plan.
401K plan

For more information about employee leasing or peo services please visit Planmarc.com or call 800-567-0235 ext. 201
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

yaah and you lose clients for us brokers. I lothe PEO's go away :twisted:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
Peobigwig

Post by Peobigwig »

Sanddog1 you are a funny man, but unfortunately you are very delerious, this is usually a symptom of too much sun from playing on the beach and not enough work.

In many cases a Peo will work directly with insurance brokers and I must say from experience PML Worldwide ( http://www.planmarc.com ) has brought insurance companies as well as brokers very profitable books of business that they otherwise would not have a chance to look at.

Furthermore, our relationship with brokers is a two way street. I currently hand 5 million dollars in new business each day to brokers such as yourself, well not brokers like yourself, but reputable brokers. In turn, our insurance brokers bring us about twice that much business each and every day. I think that is a mutually good business relationship and to that end, I think any reputable broker would also agree.

I guess, what I am getting at here, is you can not make a sweeping statement like that to encompas all Peo companies just because you had a bad experience with a bad Peo for that I am sorry, but then again bad or crooked Peos tend to attract bad or crooked brokers. Therefore, you probably got what you deserved.

The fact is that insurance brokers and Peo companies, with the right people in place can be a marriage that is mutually profitable and rewarding for all parties involved.
PEO-Advisor
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PEO-Advisor »

As noted by Peobigwigger, agents brokering clients to PEOs has advantages. However, their are potential risks that that brokers need to mitigate. To protect yourself, the basic rules of PEO brokering are:

1) Do not place all of your accounts with any single PEO. You must diversify your revenue sources. Make sure you have multiple PEO markets for each account.
2) Get your contracts in place. Working on a handshake or signing a standard PEO producer agreement will eventually lead to heartache over commissions.
3) Be able to collect your commissions. It sounds simple but many brokers do not have diligence to be sure they get paid on time with accurate amounts.
4) Ensure that the PEO is NOT actually acting as a PEO broker. Several "global"
Diamonds
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Diamonds »

Peobigwig that was a bit harsh on sanddog1 but I understand your point and the girl from staffmarket sounds like a racist because it is obvious his name is peobigwig and not peobigwigger. I also think it is a bit stupid to say that a Peo would not broker out business that they can not handle. A peos job is to help potential customers and I dont think you will find a single Peo who does not broker out some business based on risk etc.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

I'm crooked :wink: and your a simple minded rep for a PEO, who's hired to write these stupid one sides opinion of your company PEO. :lol: I bet you won't last two years. You guys come and go, you talk the talk but you just can't walk. :wink:
I am proud to be directly appointed with; Allied Ins, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco, Chubb, Zurich, CBIC, Financial Pacific, OMI, CSE Ins, CIG Ins. Work Comp, AARIS, Republic Indemnity, Zenith, Northwest. And you call me crooked, these appointments are almost impossible. Your as fill of sh*@ as the PEO you represent. I have never referred to anyone on this site as a Loser or being Crooked until the PEO's found our forum. Your a jackass and worse your a PEO GOON.
(just do it)
Diamonds
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Diamonds »

Hmmm?
Peobigwig

Post by Peobigwig »

So, Sanddog1 are you trying to imply that you are on the crooked side of the coin. The choice was yours and I guess you picked the one that fit the hole best - BAD or CROOKED.

The truth is that our company was probably serving clients while you were still picking sand out of your diapers.

PML has been helping growing businesses since 1985 and is one of the longest operating Peo companies in the United States. Since the inception of the PML family of leasing companies, PML has purposely elected to grow slowly, but consistently. PML's philosophy is somewhat different than most companies involved in this field; it is PML's goal to continue slow, but stable growth in order to continue its unique, "personalized" service, and, to control the costs that normally increase as size increases.

PML offers "top of the line" benefits packages with a number of health insurance options, complete payroll services, personalized reporting, administrative services, plus, PML works closely WITH our clients in keeping costs down for the leasing company AND our clients. Within the past few years PML has added employee paid 401(k) and Premium Savings (Section 125) for payroll deduction for dental, vision and life insurance.

PML maintains a "minimal" administrative, sales and marketing staff in order to keep overall costs down, and in turn, "lease costs" to their clients has remained consistently lower than their major national competitors, without services being affected.

Using a PML Holdings Group member service company makes employee leasing a cost-effective convenience for any small business owner. The reductions in cost are made possible through volume discounts by pooling your company's employees together with PML's for worker's compensation, health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, state taxes, S.U.T.A. taxes, federal taxes, etc.

PML clients' paperwork hassle and time consuming follow up are reduced, and sometimes eliminated, because PML does the work for them. All payroll related taxes, filings and reports are also handled by PML, leaving the business owner free to take care of the things he or she went into business for... Making A Profit!

Jasen A. Burcham
National Sales Director
PML Worldwide
800-567-0235
http://www.planmarc.com
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Funny :lol:
mhutch69
Insurance Journal Addict

PEO's

Post by mhutch69 »

Peobigwig,

I need some clarification of all these benefits you allege. I have 10 employees located in three offices in two states. I have major medical with Humana Group PPO, Intuit Payroll services which works with Quickbooks accounting system. What can you do for me? How will it cost less than the premiums I am paying for Health Ins. and the $71.00 per month I am paying for payroll services? That includes tax deposits and payroll tax returns.

I just do not see the benefits? My manager can have the payroll company deduct any legal deduction pretax as well. Direct deposit and other benefits are available to everyone?

Sorry, I am not seeing all the savings. PR takes 10-15 minutes twice per month. Health benefits are between employee and company. Why would I lease my employees and put someone else in the middle and another layer of costs?

Sorry, just do not see all the $$$$'s saved? I do not spend much as it is?

thanks,
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

mhutch69, this may be of some interest. I need to move a large account, that was with a PEO. If I even mention the word the PEO the insured's blood pressure goes up. Because it's so flip'en hard to get loss runs from a PEO, remember you don't own the account. So the insured must jump through hoops to retrieve. And if your a seasoned: guys and gals and don't know this, companies like AARIS and Republic Indemnity Ins., will not quote a prior PEO account until that insured has had a 2 to 3 year track record with the real Comp market. PEO SUCK they are the Prostitutes of our industryand stay away you will lose your pkg accounts. :roll:
(just do it)
Peobigwig

Post by Peobigwig »

Look sanddog1, I'm sure you are a very good insurance agent, broker, rep, sales guy etc, and seasoned as well. However, your slanderous remarks are just a little out of line by any measure and I am embarrassed for you and the people you represent. I am sure once I get past your anxiety and distrust that you will find our service unmatched just as it has been for over 20 years.

Furthermore, if Peos are so bad why does Major League Baseball and any of your other favorite sports venues use one for players, mangers, owners and concession staff; how about Hardees', Taco Bell, Burger King, Culver's, Denny's, Pizza Hut, Black Eyed Pea Restaurants, Fazoli's, Quizno's, Perkins, Jamba Juice, and Kentucky Fried Chicken. I think I have made my point, but just incase I have not, lets not forget government agencies and even most of some countries governmental staff. I am not exaggerating here, this is verifiable fact. The fact is that smart business owners are using the expertise of Peos as a means to reduce work load and in some cases reduce costs.

Now onward, I don't know what type of Peo companies you guys work with currently or in the past, but our clients and or their agent is presented loss runs in a matter of hours if not minutes, which is possible though intagrated control systems.

mhutch69 I am not sure if I can save you money, but I am confident. The only way I would know is if I actually quoted your client, which can be delivered within 24 hours after receiving RFP information. Apples to Apples; and hopefully the numbers along with service work out to your benefit.

Jasen A. Burcham
National Sales Director
PML Worldwide
800-567-0235
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Slanderous remarks, let's point fingers.... who personally attack?..... and called who a Crooke or a bad agent as you implied. You spend to much time dittoing your emails. How many Forums are you bombarding with this graffiti. And of course the PEO company you rep is the best, i'm thinking not...I have work with several PEO like Applied. I protect many of these companies with PKG's and work comp. In fact have remove several from PEO's (Applied) for one. The following are easy placements. Hardees', Taco Bell, Burger King, Culver's, Denny's, Pizza Hut, Black Eyed Pea PEO Restaurants, Fazoli's, Quizno's, Perkins, Jamba Juice, and Kentucky Fried Chicken.PEO's SUCK they are the Prostitutes of our industry and stay away, you will lose your pkg accounts.
(just do it)
Peobigwig

Post by Peobigwig »

Sometimes it's hard to visualize the future- and the opportunities that are presented when a new technology or service enters our lives. You'll be shocked at the following quotes from some of the brightest, most educated people in fairly recent history. I received this in an e-mail recently and wanted to share it with you.

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires and that were it possible to do so, the thing would be of no practical value." --Editorial in the Boston Post, 1865

"I think I may say without contradiction that when the Paris Exhibition closes, electric light will close with it, and no more will be heard of it."
-- Erasmus Wilson, Professor at Oxford University, 1878

"There will never be a mass market for motor cars - about 1,000 in Europe - because that is the limit on the number of chauffeurs available!"
-- Spokesman for Daimler Benz

"The average American family hasn't time for television."
-- The New York Times, 1939

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
-- Thomas Watson, Chairman, IBM, 1949

"Man will never reach the moon regardless of all future scientific advances."
-- Dr. Lee De Forest (inventor of the vacuum tube), 1957

"The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most."
-- IBM to the founders of Xerox, 1959

I think sanddog1 fits right in here.

Jasen Burcham
National Sales Director
PML Worldwide
800-567-0235
shemeshka
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by shemeshka »

Sanddog?? Remember your post?

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:45 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O you think your funny.... Funny is watching Rookies like you, chase crap business like Ambulance services and work comp for retirement homes and then the next day simi trucking. Find a market and develop it. Your chasing non-standard placements you know nothing about. Its rookies like you that give our industries a bad rap, do to lack of experience. Try Farmers

I guess you are the one who gives the industry I'M in a BAD rap. Can you imagine what people think of you when read your posts? Too bad...