need GL for small group Tour..Guide to Egypt

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

need GL for small group Tour..Guide to Egypt

Post by sanddog1 »

Hello, This is a referral for anyone interested or has a market. I have small start up company LLC., taking 6 to 8 people to Egypt per tour. Claims made and terrorism coverage, comes to mine, as a possible need. Anyone want this risk :roll:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
racecarlover
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by racecarlover »

I do not think this start up tour company can afford the cost of the premium to provide tours to a Middle East country. Americans going to any of these countries are a target for kidnapping, ransom, and a host of other exposures (WC, CGL, Auto) including death.
Perhaps ACE could quote a foreign package but it would seem to me to be expensive considering the exposures.
Do not understand what you mean by "claims made" coverage as a need. Claim made is a form not coverage.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

I agree with you 100%. This guy seem to think there are many touring group going to that area in the world. And the insured can't understand how they are receiving coverage and i must agree with his point.
Claims made i don't know why i added. Do you know of a broker who wants this risk, I am not interested
(just do it)
racecarlover
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by racecarlover »

No thanks, I am not interested as I said I do not think they could afford the premium if you could get a quote so the work would be for nothing.
What this client thinks about many touring groups going to Egypt is one thing. There is the perception and then there is the reality. I work on facts.
I could not recommend it to any broker.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Racecarlover, thanks so much for your opinion and your point is will taken and very clear your not interested. Is anyone out there willing to entertain. I believe most us understand the problem with that area of the world and the needs for protections. Don't think the premium size is a problem $$ you never know who is starting this group or who their clients may be? :wink: :wink:
(just do it)
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Send this one to a Farmers agent. They will rate it as a travel agent and it will fall under the minimum premium of $750. :lol:
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Apparently, this idiot who called us looking for tour coverage over sea's found a policy for $1300.00 through Zurich. :roll: So Porter you're not far off from the farmers comment as Zurich owns farmers. There is no way on gods green earth that policy.
Tours to a Middle East country. Americans going to any of these countries are a target for kidnapping, ransom, and a host of other exposures (WC, CGL, Auto) including death
. :?
(just do it)
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Sanddog1,

I bet it it was a Farmers agent. Farmers agents get access to some Zurich policies. That is funny. Thanks for sharing that. :lol:
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Hey Porter, the funny thing is this guy made several snide comment to boot. I was trying to help for no charge, cause that what we do until the coverage is bound. :lol: He claims he has a Claims made policy from get this, Zurich BOP for 1300. I had to laugh, no such animal. :roll:
He needs a per occurrence with special endorsements and the anit through any BOP. Traveler Agent class code, and absolutely no coverage for guided tours at home or abroad. What a jerk :twisted:
(just do it)
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Egypt

Post by LadyBroker »

It is amazing what an agent will do to put premium on the books...and when the loss comes rolling in, they discover the terms and conditions of their E & O policies.... :-)

Good pass, sanddog. This account is a dog, and you are better off for not writing it, and dealing with the headache it will most certainly become.

THere's lots of good business out there, let's all write some!
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."