Placing a Bicycle Racing Club in NYC

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
jswiener
Insurance Journal Fan

Placing a Bicycle Racing Club in NYC

Post by jswiener »

I've been in IJ reader for a few years, but just joined the forum. This is my first post.

I am a member of a bicycle racing club that sponsors a series of races in New York City parks. We have liability insurance, but it only provides coverage for claims brought by racers, not claims by bystanders in the event of accident. Since racers sign liability releases, it seems the only potential exposure would come from members of the public.

Is there a program out there for this type of risk? Can someone recommend a wholesaler we can contact?

Thank you,

Joe
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

We really don't write in NYC but would refer you over to Francis L Dean who can do both the accident medical AND the liability coverage. Go to:

http://fdean.com/special_events_acciden ... rance.html

Check out our award winning website: http://www.intlxs.com

Check out our new exclusive program for "Privacy" Insurance at http://www.getguardinsurance.com
mnicks
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by mnicks »

Try K&K they write lots of sporting event coverage.
jswiener
Insurance Journal Fan

Placing a bicycle racing club in NYC

Post by jswiener »

Thanks for the responses. I found K&K on the web and submitted an inquiry.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

Try Markel as well.
wildplaces
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Placing a Bicycle Racing Club in NYC

Post by wildplaces »

The least expensive program with broadest coverage would probably be McKay Insurance Agency in Iowa. they started writing this type of insurance for the RAGBRAI and formed an RPG for bicycle and mountain bicycle clubs, as well as bicycle livery and bicycle messenger services.

Biker in NYC (former active TA member)
jswiener wrote:I've been in IJ reader for a few years, but just joined the forum. This is my first post.

I am a member of a bicycle racing club that sponsors a series of races in New York City parks. We have liability insurance, but it only provides coverage for claims brought by racers, not claims by bystanders in the event of accident. Since racers sign liability releases, it seems the only potential exposure would come from members of the public.

Is there a program out there for this type of risk? Can someone recommend a wholesaler we can contact?

Thank you,

Joe