I need some personal and commercial P&C appointments

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
mjmillsokc
Insurance Journal Fan

I need some personal and commercial P&C appointments

Post by mjmillsokc »

I recently earned my P&C license on my own, I have no agency. I want to build an agency but first I need some appointments. I already have customers. If anyone knows an agency who will not hold me captive and needs another agent in Oklahoma, or if anyone knows of a good way to get appointed with good carriers in a short amount of time, please let me know. I have a lot of experience in Life and Health and have a lot of appointments in those lines.
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: I need some personal and commercial P&C appointments

Post by volstrike3 »

I suspect you will have little success gaining direct appointments with good carriers in your situation. If you do not have a book of business or extensive experience and a proven track record at another agency, direct appointments are tough to come by. Use the search function to research different aggregators like Networked, Agent Secure, Insurance Noodle, etc. Once you build some volume it will be easier to obtain a direct appointment with preferred carriers.