The Woodlands Financial Group

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

BobbyC
Insurance Journal Fan

The Woodlands Financial Group

Post by BobbyC »

I'm considering opening an agency with TWFG after being a captured agent for 8 years. I've researched them and think that it would be a good move considering the number of carriers they have relationships with. What do you guys think about TWFG?
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: The Woodlands Financial Group

Post by d's insurance store »

I just looked at their web site...are they a retail agency, or an MGA for affiliated agencies, or both?

Coming from a captive situation, are you looking for an 'agency is a box' formula? Or do you have the business chops to do a lot of research, make a business plan that's realistic, approach competitive carriers about direct appointments with that business plan, hire staff, handle marketing, develop a niche or go broad based, personal or commercial lines...and so on?

If you're going to affiliate, and just try and replicate the captive experience, then plan on reduced revenue, delayed quotes and binds and endorsements and some other frustrations with not having direct access to carriers. But they will make it easy to set up shop.

If your sights are set a bit higher, then you've got your work cut out for you unless you've been doing research about the independent system for awhile.

It's going to be tough to break through financially under an MGA umbrella for everything...but if that's how it will go, then you should be asking for referrals from Woodlands current agencies and doing a lot of intensive digging and investigation to see if it will be a fit for you, or whether you're just putting yourself back into a captive type environment that you've just left.

Good luck.
maryh
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by maryh »

Along with obtaining markets for both commercial and personal lines an agency should also have financing options available for their insureds.

Express Premium Finance has designed a premium finance program tailored to fit your needs. Competition and inefficiencies affect your production and profitability. We understand these challenges and are proud to offer you a premium finance program that delivers:

Personalized customer service and quick turnaround
Creative structuring-to help you write more business
competitive rates
Online software accessible anywhere in the world 24/7

A little information about myself is that I have been in the insurance industry since 1981. I am a licensed insurance agent and I have worked with insurance agencies both commercial and personal lines and I have also worked for US Risk as a Senior Underwriter Assistant for 5 years.

Mary Coovert Holeman
Senior Regional Vice President
Express Premium Finance Co
mary@expresspremium.com
Phone: 832-766-7977
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by yoyowordup »

Dear MaryH - thanks for posting, or should I say cutting/pasting, your marketing message in multiple forums. This is not a forum for spam. If someone specifically asks about premium financing, please share your thoughts and ideas with everyone.

Also, I'm interested to know how you tailored a premium finance program to fit the original poster's needs without even knowing them?
jmerker
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jmerker »

BobbyC
My suggestion is to contact several TWFG Branches and ask them for 'their' personal experiences.