MetLife in Texas

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

brian3323
Insurance Journal Fan

MetLife in Texas

Post by brian3323 »

I am a new Independent agent in North Texas. I have been able to get direct contracts with several good companies. I signed up with Superior Access at first a few months ago when I left a captive agency to go independent. The only company I have not been able to get a contract with is MetLife. I have written some business with them through Superior, but I can't wait to get rid of them. I need a good GA that can give me access to Met untill I can generate enough business for them to give me a contract. Would prefer one that can get me a sub code, and not have to submit every quote to them if possible.

I would also like any suggestions you may have for older homes. For some reason it is getting popular in North Texas to buy these old clunker houses and fixem up. But none of the carriers I have are competitive.

Thanks

Brian
Brenda H
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: MetLife in Texas

Post by Brenda H »

Brian: If I were you, I would try to write my business elsewhere besides Met. We have Met, Safeco, Travelers and Republic and Met is by far the highest rate we get, most of the time.

For the older home market, usually Safeco does a good job, as long as there are updates and you insure to the value that they require. I have also had some good luck with Republic. One other market you may want to look into, Homeowner of America. They are not a large company, but also have some good options on the older homes. Joe Graziano is the marketing rep....(972) 607-4247.
ewguva
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by ewguva »

We would like to work with you as we are an online wholesaler that will give you access to MetLife Home and Auto as well as Safeco, Travelers, Hartford and Encompass personal lines markets.

Please visit us at http://www.agentsecure.com or call me to discuss in more detail. I can be reached at 817.996.6583.

Thanks

Ed Gillman
President
brian3323
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by brian3323 »

Thank You for the Help

MetLife is just like any other company. They are not always the best rate, but when you are writting for clients that meet the criteria that they are looking for they wont be beat. They have their sweet spot and it takes a certain kind of client to get a great rate from them, but for me I have a lot of clients that benefit greatly from MetLife.

I appreciate the help on the older homes as well. I am in need of someone who will be competitive on these clunker houses. I had to send a friend to Farm Bureau and I hated doing that, but I wasn't close. I have yet to see a Farm Bureau agent that wrote good limits on auto and insured homes to value so I hated to send her that way, but it was the only company I could think of that I knew would give her an affordable policy.