Best Company To Start With

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

medsup-erhero
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by medsup-erhero »

I'm a new agent working for United American Insurance as a captive agent. There is some internal turmoil in our branch and i am looking at other options. In your opinion's great message board....which companys are the best to work for or with and why?
Grant
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Grant »

Captive or Independent?
Offer your senior clients a life settlement<br><a href='http://www.rtgconsultants.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.rtgconsultants.com/</a>
dankim1
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dankim1 »

Hello. My name is Kimber Edwards with Nationwide Insurance. We are a new exclusive agency channel in the west with broker capability. Nationwide is A+ rated by AM Best and has 148 billion in assets. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss our unique opportunity with us further. I have worked for independents as well as captives. I can be reached at 916-451-8692. :D :D
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

Hello Captive, in response to the offer from the Nationwide rep. Captive, you should jump on that offer. If you meet their annual premium requirement, you'll will be one happy camper. We use them in CA., outstanding carrier, they also own Allied Ins. If you want to make it in the business, expand your markets. Don't go to farmers or allstate unless you love listening to a DM telling you: sell Life insurance, sell life ins., you need the production count. And then reminding you that you own your agency. What a joke <_<
Call Kimber see what's up and good luck........... :D
bchill
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by bchill »

Hello,

I was involved with United American for a few months in 2000. I was impressed with the people I met in their home office. I was also impressed with the stability of their company financially.

I really didn't like anything else about their program. I felt many of the people that were working the field were unsupervised and were doing things that would not be considered proper by most seasoned veterans. I had worked for about five years with Liberty Mutual prior to doing this. I then worked for Sentry for a while. My advice would be to get as far as you can from UA before you learn too many bad habits from the branch manager or other mentors within the group. Don't get me wrong. Many of their agents make very good money.

I would try Liberty Mutual, Sentry, Nationwide or even a strong bank based agency if you can find one. Most bank agencies have trouble differentiating banking from insurance and don't succeed like they have the potential to do. I would also get involved in Property/Casualty.

If you want to stay in life insurance you must try Only Financial Group. They have a high volume lead generation plan that allows you to write business all over the country from your home. The leads they provide are extremely solid and they have annualized commission plans with some of their primary carriers. I also have worked with them.

http://www.onlyfinancialgroup.com

Thanks and good luck