General Liability-- plumbing contractor in California

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

tuffdeal
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

If it ain't broken don't fix it

Post by tuffdeal »

Why would you think that in this market someone would be "competitive" with the Golden Beagle for a commercial plumbing contractor? From what I've seen they are the cheapest on the street especially if they are packaging it which no one else is doing......and they are admitted. If they cancel move it. Otherwise don't fool with it. :twisted:
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Price vs coverage/gaps

Post by pita3333 »

Why just focus on pricing? How about focusing on coverages? Gaps?

Example, our agency focuses on a very narrow niche that we are recognized as a leader in ... I saw an account last week that we were quoting on and noticed that it contained a "designated premises" endorsement on the GL.

Since this prospect is basically a contractor whos greatest exposure is off the "designated premises" we were able to obtain the account. . . oh ya ... the premium was higher...but still more competitive than any properly written policy.

Issue of price was taken away...did not matter how cheap the other guy was since there was a HUGE gap on the other.
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Plumber PIECE of CAKE

Post by sanddog »

Hello Trotter, I have to disagree with duffdeal. There are several admitted carriers in CA, that I can turn you on too. Normally I protect my markets from other Brokers, but this is a piece of cake. I don't know if you can get appointed. It always amuse me the questions concerning markets.
The job of a good producer is knowing the markets, and how to protect your insured the best way possible. SO YOU DON'T END UP IN "E & O COURT", like Pita3333 suggested.
1) Financial Pacific Ins., not agency
2) CBIC Ins.
and there's more out !!!

All will kick butt on Golden Eagle, price and coverage.
If your going to loose this guy email me I'll do and give you something $$