Business Plan for New Brokerage Office

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Alal
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Business Plan for New Brokerage Office

Post by Alal »

I am in the process of obtaining a bank loan for my new office that I plan to open in the coming months. Can someone give me an idea of a typical office expense (say monthly), excluding marketing campaigns. I need the estimates to be included in my business plan for a SBA loan.

The office will be run my one person, myself. Its rental will be $1,200 dollars amonth. I know how much I will need for office furniture, computers, fax, phone , internet, etc. I already made my arrangements

I am looking for estimates of publications fees, subscription fees, national and state organization membership fees, legal fees, etc.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.
Alal Uddin
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

I am a new personal lines broker in So Ca and I pay about $2000 a month in expenses. This includes everything. I have been a broker just over a year. I was a captive agent 4 years prior.

I hope this helps.

Porter
Alal

Thank you

Post by Alal »

Thanks. I guess I wanted some more details, like whats the typical cost for joining local organization, national organizatin , etc.

Thanks anyway.
Alal Uddin
CATHIEA
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by CATHIEA »

If you're looking for cost to join the PIA or Big I or any other assn, you need to contact them since the dues schedule is based on variables with all of them. As far as publications, you can get the Ins Journal & Rough Notes for free. Don't forget to include your own insurance costs though - E&O & office insurance.
Alal

Thank you

Post by Alal »

Thank you.
Alal Uddin
bindscott
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by bindscott »

Alal, besides basic office and your advertising expense, your next highest expenditure would probably be your E & O. Of course, if you plan on working by yourself, you won't have to worry about salary but as you grow, you will need some help ie. CSR