WC in California

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

shemeshka
Insurance Journal Addict

WC in California

Post by shemeshka »

Hi, I'm researching for more WC markets in CA. For now I have access to Zenith, Zurich, NLF, Everest, Clarendon, EIG, AIG, ACE, Applied Underwriters, and Republic. Also I can access One Beacon, Hartford, and CNA WC with BOP or auto.
Please reply if you can offer any other market. I'll be happy to do business with you.

Thank you
Shemeshka
vandibs
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by vandibs »

Shemeshka,
Out of curiousity, how do you access those WC markets? Through a GA? If so, please disclose.

I can give you a grea referral upon your reply, thanks.
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

I can give you a grea referral upon your reply, thanks.[/quote]

Superior Access
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Shemeshkn, you said...I'm researching for more WC markets in CA. For now I have access to Zenith, Zurich, NLF, Everest, Clarendon, EIG, AIG, ACE, Applied Underwriters, and Republic. Also I can access One Beacon, Hartford, and CNA WC with BOP or auto.
Zurich, does not write in CA or mono line, Hartford does write mono line WC. ACE, AIG minium premiums are huge. Applied is a totaled waste of time, you will lose your client eventually. CNA is great for E & O insurance and similar. If your looking for Mono line carriers try First Comp and Midwest all on line, all have good markets. I assume by your post that your new to insurance and your premiums are average premiums and are under 20,000.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Opps sorry The Hartford does NOT write mono line in CA. I want to know too, how you have access to all those WC carriers in CA. I would say that by your past postings your new. to insurance.... All those markets would require a trimendous amount of premium, this i know you can not support. So its time to put out............... :wink:
shemeshka
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by shemeshka »

Hi Guys,
Sorry I was out of the forum for couple weeks.
Thanks a lot for all your replies.
I access most of the companies through GA.
I'm kinda new, but have a lot of experience in the field. My premiums are all vary.

Sanddog1, you mentioned "Applied is a totaled waste of time, you will lose your client eventually". Could you give a more clear idea what's wrong with them? I appreciate it in advance.

Diana
CN1
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Applied u/w

Post by CN1 »

I have been building a SCIF contractor book for a while and was considering testing the Applied waters. I am interested to hear any good/bad info so I can navigate.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Yep that's easy to answers will kinda I wish my prior CSR was here she would give you guys and earful. You don't own the business anymore; they will require you're insured to jump through to many hoops for reporting on employees and payroll. Wait until renewal. The insured's are set up as though you're not in the loop. The insured will call you p*^# off every time I lost two very good clients. You absolutely can not use them for small risk. The reporting requirements are to time consuming for the insured and can get costly if you're a small risk under $20,000. The insured constantly receives invoices for charges overtime and employee's is hired or moved around. The insured calls you not them and guess what your not in the loop so you don't know what the hell is going on. We have access to them my self and several other agencies will never use them again.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

shemeshka, OK i tried to help. Now kick down how could someone in your postion have so many WC carriers and wanted more.
I see by your posting that you chase impossible placements. To me this means you're new to the insurance business. Or you have a big fat salary so you can waste the broker's time. So what share
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

I somewhat agree. A couple of years ago, spoke to applie dpeople and decided to give it a try. Coincidentaly i received a WC lead that was a perfect fit for their program. There was 2 months before renewal and i thought i had a pretty good shot. TO make a long story short, they waited until a VERY LAST day and gave me a quote that was 10,000 higher then renewal quote with Employers