Do you know any GA that has standard personal lines markets

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Do you know any GA that has standard personal lines markets

Post by InsAgentSF »

Any clue? Hartford/Safeco something very competitive but on personal auto/home?
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Try NIA in Grass Valley. They have a lot of standard markets for personal lines like Safeco, Hartford, Travelers, Kemper, First American, Balboa, Encompass. They helped me a lot getting started.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

NIA suck unless you can produce. They are not interested in personal lines.
For home try mcgrawgroup.com or jebrown.net Auto you need to get appointed with a good a carrier. And that's not going happen in cA. You you need a broker for help and education.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Sanddog1,

I think what you stated is a matter of opinion. I like NIA. You say they suck. You like McGraw. I think McGraw sucks. I have not written a policy with them in about a year. I think it just depends on the area you are in. I'm in South Orange County. Here Kemper, Allied, and Travelers are the best on homeowners as far as price and coverage in most cases. NIA does like personal lines though and they have auto, home, condo, renters and umbrella markets available.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

PORTer that not his question, he stated Any clue? Hartford/Safeco something very competitive but on personal auto/home?
His guy will never get appointed, with the above carriers and NO way Auto. Yes I agree PSIC sucks and so does JE Brown. This new guy need avenue's to place homeowner be it HO-3 or DP-3 business. Unless he wants to work for me there are NO good preferred auto carriers in CA. I have Allied, Safeco, Hartford, Kemper, Travelers, CBIC, and many more. There are ton's of new bies trying to succeed and they need to work for a broker and learn the dam business and build a book............ :roll:
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

NIA YES THEY Suck, you have no control over your submission they are very slow, and slow to changes. IF i come across NIA business its gone to ME 8)
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

Well, I am not new to te industry. I am a commercial producer, however I am opening my company and I need to find good carriers for Personal lines. Obviously, noone of them are going to appoint me without book of business, that's why i was looking for a MGA who has some of the standard carriers
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

InsAgentSF, you said....Well, I am not new to te industry. I am a commercial producer. Then how come you don't have access to your commercial personal lines markets
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

Because I am starting my company and it will be difficult to get direct appoitments right of the bat
simiinsuranceguy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by simiinsuranceguy »

I too dislike NIA. It took them 3+years to change the mailing and physical address for MY AGENCY! We have to follow-up 2,3,4+ times for them to process endorsements. I have been with them for 3+ years and will start moving my book away from them next month.
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

Do they have online quotes? How are their personal lines carriers? How are they different from Insure Zone?
donfog
Insurance Journal Fan

MGA offering standard market personal lines

Post by donfog »

Heartland Marketing Group offers such in several states. You can contact Ken Davidson at 888-280-6764 ext 1241.
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: MGA offering standard market personal lines

Post by InsAgentSF »

Thank you sir. Unfortunately or fortunately, i am in California
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Sorry I assumed you had a large book of business to roll. If your starting with almost nothing I certainly can not think of mono line or PKG carrier that can help. I will look around, you know may want to talk with CIG Ins. They have fairly easy access for new agents, you will have to make a comment
txinsurancemanager
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by txinsurancemanager »

What about Superior Access? http://www.superioraccess.com
They have personal lines markets and are in southern California. I prefer working with an MGA closer to me...at least in my own time zone!!! I'm in the same boat you are.....a commercial agent just starting my own agency. Finding competitive personal lines markets is TOUGH!