St. Paul Malpractice Loss Runs and the New CMS System

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Are you having problems pulling accurate Malpractice loss runs from Travelers New CMS system?

Yes
No votes
No, works great
No votes

Total votes: 0

agencyproducer
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

St. Paul Malpractice Loss Runs and the New CMS System

Post by agencyproducer »

I need to know if any Healthcare Producers or Account Managers are having this same problem...

With the great merge of St. Paul & Travelers a new CMS (Claims Management System) has emerged. From my expierence, this system does not pull accurate malpractice loss runs. As of 8-15-06, I could obtain the St. Paul Malpractice loss runs by sending an email to their underwirting department. I've been informed that as of 8/31 this system will no longer be avaialbe and that I will need to download the loss runs from the new Travelers CMS System. While comparing the loss runs for accuracy, I noticed that much of the detail was lacking, in addition to the fact that several of the claims were missing. I've contacted the new St. Paul/Travelers to attempt to get the issue resolved, but I am being told that much of the information cannot be pulled over into the new system, thus creating less than accurate loss runs for my client. It does not come as a suprise to me that Travelers could not create an accurate Malpractice loss run, as they have never been a market for Professional Liability Insurance, but with the merge of a LARGE former malpractice carrier should come some understanding of the loss information.

Are any other Healthcare Agents & Brokers haivng this same issue with the St. Paul/Travelers???
Thank you!

Frustrated. :?