Insurance Noodle

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

OK I'm going to be a little direct as too many newbie just don't get it. :roll: And you will be sorry if not careful. :roll: What is a Sub-appointment with Hartford, Safeco, I guess you realize: A) You don't own the business: B) your commission is reduced: C) and Best of all Hartford, Safeco BOP program is limited to you. Superior Access doesn't have the access I have, because they are brokering business on your behalf. The only advantage is you placed the business, so on renewal you keep it or move it.
You can not get appointed with either carrier unless you can comment to 400,000 in written premium per year.
You will not have access to Hartford EBC quoting system, Safeco on line. No user name and pass word for Safeco or Hartford. Any agent who is directly appointed with caption carrier can gave a Sub appointment. Because we have control we do the quotes and servicing not you. So move on from think sub appointment. I can tell how to get a direct appointment with CNA Ins. you don't need webb basedinsuance agency like Superior
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
GrowthAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

SubAppointment

Post by GrowthAgent »

Sanddog1.

You are incorrect about the nature of the subappointments. The agents that have them through a company like say, Superior Access, have full access to the insurance carrier webportals for quoting. The agents own their book. Hartford's BOP has some restrictions for all the online wholesalers, but Safeco & CNA do not. However the commission is slightly less.
InsLady
Insurance Journal Fan

SubAppointment

Post by InsLady »

SubAppointment? If you use Superior Access you will experience only disappointment! :evil: :evil: :evil:
sanddog1 wrote:
I hear Superior Access is giving away direct appointments with Hartford, Safeco
not in your wildest dreams :roll: :roll: :roll:
NO one can give away a direct appointment to :Hartford, Safeco, Travelers, NationWide-Allied, Zurich, Or any other larger carrier
I most cases you need a minium of 300,000 to 500,000 written annual premium with each. I have been there done it. You guys find a cluster and join. :roll: