Commerce West Insurance company

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

harryle
Insurance Journal Fan

Commerce West Insurance company

Post by harryle »

Anybody use Commerce West in California? They have low auto premium for young drivers. I used to use them thru Networked Insurance Agents. I am not with Networked Insurance anymore because of its high cost. I am looking for other GA who works with Commerce West Insurance Company. Please post if you know any.
Thank you
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Commerce West Insurance company

Post by meytai »

CWIC has been going through a metamorphsis lately.

They underwrite their policies hardcore.. but at the same time, they are opening up their programs (with the exception of Select) to a form of ID in Mexico called the "matricula consular" - which essentially means they now write foreign operators. There is nothing wrong with that.. but it almost counter to all the underwriting.

The great thing about CWIC is that they have a homeowners product now.. and they offer a discount on both the home and the auto (for the select auto program only for now). It makes them competitive.

I would venture to say that you can actually get the appointment directly.

One thing though, i have not seen what you say about them being competitive with young drivers.. i see the opposite.

Meytai
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by steve32 »

Where do you find them being competitive?
harryle
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by harryle »

Thank you for your posts.
Less than 1 year driver license, single car, normally has the lowest premium when I compare rate using FSC.