Service Agreements

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Kirk
Insurance Journal Fan

Service Agreements

Post by Kirk »

I was wondering if anyone uses service agreements for their large or preferred clients? If so, what compenents do you put into the agreement? So far, I have come up with having established standards for turn around time on certificates, when renewals are proposed, how they prefer to be contacted and how often, etc. It is my understanding that these agreements would be a good selling point to prospects, and also better position you against competition come renewal time. Any thoughts?
WIinsurancelady
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Service Agreements

Post by WIinsurancelady »

Kirk, We use customer service agreements, and some of the topics include: assess risk, keep insured informed ont he codition of the marketplace and inform him of trends that could affect him, serve as a claims advocate, audit claims, assist with work comp or general liability audit. Just try to tailor it to the needs of your customer. I do advise not to agree to something you will not be able to perform.
glen.de.rozario
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Service Agreements

Post by glen.de.rozario »

yeah thats kind of tricking the customers with saying that their renewal demands will be fullfilled, i mean like it is better to say the truth. Only fullfill the demands that you have already mentioned in the license agreement.