ISU :Network of Ind. Agents

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

stephen
Insurance Journal Fan

ISU :Network of Ind. Agents

Post by stephen »

Hi All !

I just took a look at the ISU website ,...and was wondering if anyone has ever tried becoming a member,..... or knows any agency that has,...and how they might have fared .

It looks interesting.

Thanks
' seize the day serenely '
Lee3632005
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

ISU

Post by Lee3632005 »

I work for an ISU office, and we are very pleased. All ISU offices are independently owned and operated. ISU provides access to a large selection of carriers. I would recommend that you find out the type of carrier access you will have since it appears that you are out of California.

Alan.
bindscott
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by bindscott »

In short, ISU is an organization that allows you to aceess their carriers for a fee. For example, if and when you join you get to put "ISU" in front of your agency name. Then you have access to the carriers as if you have a direct appointment. You WILL pay monthly dues to maintain that affiliation. You will also be able to write accounts in other states where you're not licensed.

Good organization if you have the volume to make up for their monthly dues.

My experience in dealing with ISU agencies is that most of their brokers and agents are very well trained and experienced. I always cry for quality submissions that are complete and they seem to do the job.
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

It's just they charge 1500 a month...