email marketing

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

foofin
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

email marketing

Post by foofin »

we are looking to get a website to build a "virtual" office. one where we can prospect and service customers. it seems as if a lot of agencies in the are do not do this. what is some of the response you have gotten?

Also any one use email marketing if so which tools?
Big Dog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Big Dog »

Email marketing = spam. Do you like receiving spam? I don't. Frankly, if an insurance agency were to try and market to me via e-mail, that would disuade me from even considering them.

Having a good website that describes your services, the types of insurance you provide, what makes you different/better than the average insurance agency, and how to contact you and specific people in your agency, is a better route.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

It is a must for retail agencies have to have a website.

I don't do business with spamers. I would expect clients not to do business with me either if I was a spammer.
Always Be Closing!
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Google your way to success

Post by d's insurance store »

If you think that just by posting a web site that gives quote ability will attract quoted/bound business while you sleep, you're in for a major disappointment.

An agency web site is nothing more than a tool in a tool box full of options.

Do your own insurance searches on one of the major search engines and see what comes up. Right, thousands and thousands of web site options. Now look at them. What do you see? Again, right, for the most part they all look alike...'quality, service, integrity, low rates, free quotes, quick quotes, low payments, blah, blah, blah...'

So, what are you going to offer that's any different?

Utilizing and optimizing a web site for insurance agencies is pretty close to a full time job, starting with a mission statement of sorts as to what you're trying to attract. Personal Lines or Commercial? Quotes or bound policies? Service and communications with your current clients or attracting new business?

Ask yourself how you personally use web sites. Then try and guess how a prospect or current client wants to use your web site. Now you're on the right track to define what you're trying to do.