Other insurance forums

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

broberts1963
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Other insurance forums

Post by broberts1963 »

Are there other insurance forums that I could visit? Quite honestly, this one goes days without new postings and seems to me not to be very vibrant. I participate in other financial planning/investment forums that have multiple new postings each day and when one posts a new question there are always some responses the same day.

Thanks
SurplusFuss

Post by SurplusFuss »

... "not very vibrant" ... Well, this IS the insurance industry. (Just kidding!)

SILA has a forum which seems relatively active compared to this one. Only catch is you have to be a member of SILA first.

Otherwise, this is the only forum of which I'm aware.

Blogs, on the other hand... there are dozens of insurance blogs with active discussions, depending on the topic. There are a couple at the National Underwriter. NAPSLO has one and so does the Washington Surplus Lines Association.

Sorry I don't know of other forums, though.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Blogs

Post by LadyBroker »

What is the address for the NAPSLO blog?
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
SurplusFuss

Post by SurplusFuss »

abtoe

Post by abtoe »

InsuranceQuestions.Com is relatively new, currently less traffic than IJ but more user friendly and detailed, all free and open to the public, has great insurance terms dictionary, free insurance job postings, and allows no advertising.

The insurance industry definately needs a good public forum for people to exchange information. Why ISO or CPCU Society or some other group of so called insurance "professionals" hasn't already done that is beyond me. Hats off to anyone that succeeds in getting that established.
scott
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by scott »

I've just started a forum for consultants - insurance and otherwise - that takes a different approach from most. I require that members use their real names as screen names. No anonymous postings. Members stand behind what they say. My hope is that there will be real value exchanged and real relationships formed between colleagues.

I've long been amazed at the vitriol that is spread on forums. I dare say most of the ad hominem attacks would not take place in the "real world" where everybody knows your name.

If there is interest in such a forum for insurance professionals I'd be glad to start it and host it.

Of course, Insurance Journal could do the same by removing anonymity.
Scott Simmonds, CPCU, ARM
Insurance Consultant
SuretyInsider
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Other insurance forums

Post by SuretyInsider »

Here is a link to the Surety Bond Forums.
Norcalinsurance

Re: Other insurance forums

Post by Norcalinsurance »

There is a website run by a guy named Glen. It's a nicely laid out forum called American Insurance Broker. The link is:
http://www.americaninsurancebroker.com/

Although I do post on their occasional, it is very inactive, even compared to IJ's forum. There are a ton of posts and a lot of great information on there though. You should check it out. My screen name there is califarmer.

Good luck.
“Look, good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”