Money

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

IinusreU
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by IinusreU »

We are hiring yet another producer. We haven't hired in awhile so I was looking for help on what is going on in the payroll market.

I've heard several options:

1) Base pay(lets say $20,000) and then 35% of agency com% added on.

2) Base pay(lets say $30,000) and then 30% of agency com%. You would NOT get comm% until your comm% exceeds the $30,000 level.

I know this is a touchy issue....but what are other people doing out there? I want to get good people.

Thanks in advance
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

Either option sounds very good to me! You might think about giving the option to whoever you choose to hire. I would have chosen option 1 before I got married, but now I'd choose option 2 for the stability.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

Without knowing the qualities of the individual and agency....how can anyone comment on compensation?

IF the person is a licensed and seasoned person - vs - new and unlicensed....

If the agency has very few company appointments - vs - agency has many company appointments....
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
IJ Reader
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by IJ Reader »

I agree, there are way too many variables ... what part of the country are you in is this for personal lines or commercial lines P&C?
IinusreU
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by IinusreU »

In Illinois and it is commercial P&C.

I'm just looking for what other people are using...of course if the "right" person comes around that changes everything.

Maybe I should've asked for the "going rate" for new hires with some experience.