Completing applications

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

JSJAG
Insurance Journal Addict

Completing applications

Post by JSJAG »

I've been going it alone for a long long time. Recently I decided to hire another salesperson. She has experience but does lack application completion skills. I learned from experience and others that I worked with but I don't have the time to spend teaching her. How can I get her up to speed. Books would be great so that she can read while at home.

I've always thought the industry needs more books ..heck any books, on determining risks, which forms to use, etc. and have at times thought of writing one. BUT who has the time?
mayagal
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by mayagal »

Sorry, I don't have encouraging words.....

I can understand wanting to have help but in this day and age, I would never hire anyone, especially a "producer" who does not have at least five years experience.

I've gone down that road with a few people who were good in sales but short on insurance knowledge. It never works.

No one has time to train.
mrmreff
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by mrmreff »

If you are talking about Acord apps. I found it easiest just to highlight the areas on the app that needed to be completed using an already completed app. I just did the basic Acord 125, auto, property, gl, wc & umbrella.
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

DUDE, if you start TAM or other agency management program its all there.
Go to inter net, under ACORD they have a very small booket that can be purchased. Will tell you how to fill in each blank and what the code is? for all applications
It cheap $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 8)