Agency Management Syt. X-Dimensional or TAM please help

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Agency Management Syt. X-Dimensional or TAM please help

Post by sanddog »

Hello Broker, with AMS....I would like and opinion from true Insurance Brokers and CSR's..
Please No AMS company people thank you....What do you think of X dimensional over TAM applied. I need to make a costly decision for agency management system. I was told that XD was designed by several X- employees of the TAM system. XD is half the cost and was told much easier to use. I currently use TAM it seems to be outdated and to many extra feature to navigate. The cost is very high as will, they think their the whole show. I don't like that mind set but if that's the best golden handcuff out there then TAM it is. Please help :roll:
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

Hello Brokers, with AMS....I would need and opinion from true Insurance Broker's and CSR's..
Please No AMS company people thank you. :) ...What do your opinion of X-dimensional over TAM applied system. I must make a costly $$$ decision for an agency management system. I was told that XD was designed by several X-employees of the TAM system. XD is half the cost and was told much easier to understand. I currently use TAM, it seems to be outdated and to many extra feature's to navigate. The cost is very high, as will they think their the whole show. I don't like their mind set but if that's the best golden handcuff out there then TAM it is. Please help :oops: :oops:
Cash
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Agency Management Systems

Post by Cash »

Hi Sanddog,

I use TAM and have used other systems in the past. Nobody like paying the high price of Applied. Bottom-line is they are the best and the industry standard. As time goes by and you think about selling your agency, an Applied agency is easier to move. I buy agencies and I always hope to find out the ageny is using Applied. I would stay put and suck up those payouts. If you use Applied right, it should be making you money. Good luck! Cash
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

Thanks Cash for your response, however its kind of ironic your email name Cash reminded me of applied system (CASH). :? If you must know Applied is a dinosaur, we have several agencies within our cluster moving to Nexsure. I have finely seen the light and the cost. X-Dimensional is it.
ckelsoe
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by ckelsoe »

Post Deleted
Last edited by ckelsoe on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles R Kelsoe
Insureman12
Insurance Journal Fan

References, References References!

Post by Insureman12 »

The bottomline is get references. Lots of them for either system you are looking at. Take this anonymous with a grain of salt as any info you get from the reps you get demos from. This is a huge decision for your agency. Talk to at least 5 from each side and go visit a couple from each. Takes a lot of time but not as much as time as changing systems or implmentting the wrong one.