Hard to place BOP

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
new2independent
Insurance Journal Addict

Hard to place BOP

Post by new2independent »

Hi all. I am having trouble placing a BOP. My client has been in business for ten years and does some software developing and "wholesaling of the software" to individuals in research at several universities worldwide. He runs the operation from his office and is producing DNA sequencing software. I have called all of my companies and they want to stay away from the risk.

Any suggestions?
Big Dog
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Hard to place BOP

Post by Big Dog »

Chubb, St. Paul and Harford all entertain technology risks. They probably will not write it on a BOP form, but they do write this type of risk. They utilize their own package policy form with certain enhancements geared towards this type of risk.
R Levine
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by R Levine »

Big Dog hit the markets. Add Seneca as well. These markets will provide Package policies including E&O. You can also try a wholesaler for a stand alone E&O policy.
SFOInsuranceLady
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by SFOInsuranceLady »

How large is your risk? Zurich has coverage for middle market technology and they will even write the Prof'l.
Good Luck!
new2independent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by new2independent »

Thank you. Advice was good. It is a small market risk. A lot of my carriers were staying away from it. Travelers will take the risk. I am also doing an E&O so the premium ends up being decent for the risk.
kevinraz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by kevinraz »

Hartford should take it as well. They probably will not BOP it since it's life science related but should be willing to write package. Hartford will probably not do the E&O.
Kevin Rasmussen AU, CIC
ED3771316
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by ED3771316 »

If all else fails, try the Surpluss world. Premium will not be friendly, but the the commissions will.