Commercial Fraud

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
tmontes
Insurance Journal Fan

Commercial Fraud

Post by tmontes »

Hello, Need some light as how to insure a retail store for cell phones and calling plans from fraudulent contracts where the insured sustains a financial loss since the plan includes the phone equipment and it is stolen as result of the fraud.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Commercial Fraud

Post by pita3333 »

Hrm...interesting situation here. Might start by looking at the crime/fidelity markets.

However, my gut tells me that this might end up being an uninsurable cost of doing business in the end.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
HSA Insurance
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by HSA Insurance »

You can go for any of the Commercial Insurance plan which covers all risk according to your needs. I would suggest you to get quot from three to four companies and compare them and go for the which suits you the best.
mccluney
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mccluney »

I am in agreement with pita3333 on this one. Unless you are dealing with a large risk, I am sure that one will be using a BOP policy. It is my expereince that one of the clauses contained therin is an exclusion for false pretense coverage which will exclude property coverage for that property you have entrusted induced by any fraulent scheme. You might find coverage with a Fidelity company, but i don't believe the cost will be feasible to the insured. I am afraid this risk will need to be retained by the insured as a cost of doing business.