Need A Wholesaler

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Clozer
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Clozer »

I've looked at most all of them and SIAA sounds best to ne thus far, any input? Noodle, agent secure, and superior acces all sound pretty bad to me. I'm looking for the top commission and it seems to be with SIAA.

thanks guys
ewguva
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by ewguva »

SIAA is most expensive program out there and you give up percentage of your increased value in the agency (that you are building).

AgentSecure and other low-cost market access programs are much better way to go.
Clozer
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Clozer »

the guy with siaa told me that the commission is higher with them, even after they get their cut... I've got atleast 80 auto and 60 or 70 home owner policies to write, if I can save some money. I've sold life and health for the last 4 years. So I need some companies with the highest commission possible.
Mr. Met
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Mr. Met »

Are you looking to just place business or build value in your agency? AgentSecure and Insurance Noodle are more of a brokerage style arrangement and you will not gain a direct appointments by using their service. SIAA has costs associated with it but it truly helps you increase your agency value and income by providing higher commission levels and also access to companies on an appointed basis. The true value of an agency is not only the commission income but also the companies that you are appointed with. Do you receive profit sharing on the buisness that you place with the Insurance Noodle or Agent Secure? You do as a member of SIAA.

Every agency has their own needs and if getting direct appointments is important to the stability and long term growth of your agency than SIAA maybe just right for you. If you are only looking to place a handful of accounts that don't fit with your current markets than using a service like the Insurance Noodle or Agent Secure may make more sense for you. Look into all of you options.
Clozer
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Clozer »

Thank you for the input. I'm actually meeting with a siaa rep next week. I didn't know it was so tough to get p&c companies. Any other oppionons welcome. thanks
dev1nsan
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by dev1nsan »

hey Clozer, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, in the process of starting a new agency. I met with an Siaa member and he said it wouldn't be a good idea for me to join them because they mostly deal with commercial insurance, which I don't have any experience in. I do plan on getting into that but not at the moment.

Just wanted to add my thoughts since i'm in the same situation. :)
SuperiorAccess
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by SuperiorAccess »

Superior Access offers a little-known premium subscription in addition to its traditional $200 per year open website subscription model. In our premium program qualifying agents DO get direct appointments and access to certain carriers (such as The Hartford and Safeco) subject to our introduction and their approval. Both we and the carriers assess the experience and committment of each agency and only a few are selected because of the time it takes to get you set up directly with the carriers. In its premium service our agents correspond directly with the carriers, use their systems, access their underwriters and can bind or service accounts just like any of their other agents.

The Superior Access Premium subscription provides all of this as well as access to the 100 plus companies on our website that the other subscribers access. We charge no broker fees to premium subscribers and pass along to them 80% of our very high commission levels. The cost is less than half of the cost of SIAA and only available to California agents right now.

I'd be honored to discuss this service if you feel that it may meet your needs. Remember that experience is a requirement in this program.

Mike Mayo
EVP/ Principal
Superior Access
800-272-7550
Chuck Whelan
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Chuck Whelan »

To those who are looking for markets, have you spoken with
Atlantic-Pacific Insurance Brokers, Inc. located in San Jose area.

They operate as a cluster with 15 Agencies - one time fee, 100% commission to Agent, monthly fairly modest monthly Admin. Fee.

If more interest, feel free to contact me at (253) 840 5137 - I work away from our California locations.
JSJAG
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JSJAG »

I really don't see the value in paying $10,000 to have the ability to split your commission with someone? I can understand the small $200 > $300 for initial set up but I don't understand the value of that initial fee turning into annual fees. I've talked to wholesalers charging $600 but they can't sell me on any added value that a $200 wholesaler does not offer. In fact I was talking with Noodle and to reach their )think it was called star level) you only need $100,000 in business. In the commercial account world and today's increased minimum premium that $100,000 isn't much.

Oh for the days when a no name insurance company didn't expect a $1,000,000 commitment. :huh: