Progressive Direct

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

<!--QuoteBegin-Drive Fan+Nov 6 2004, 02:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Drive Fan @ Nov 6 2004, 02:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Captive agencys make a great living on Commissions that are the same or lower than Drive Insurance from Progressive.

If you are an Independent Agency, ask yourself the following:

Who is doing anything to help the Independent Agency Channel capture more business from the Captive Agency Channel?

How many of your current carriers do anything except constantly ask you for more business without providing you leads, national advertising, and a recognized brand name.

Ask the next 10 people who come into your agency to name 5 auto insurance carriers.  Who do you think they will mention?

The long-term survival of the Independent Agency Channel will depend on growth that comes from the Captive Agency Channel. [/quote]
I agree with you on many of these points, but aren't we losing the Progressive branding by going "Drive"? Or is it "Drive by Progressive"? Also, when people get something unique, be it a boat, motorhome, or 4 wheeler, they tend to call around. These might be things that Progressive/Drive works best for. Through effective cross-selling you can take the rest of their business. Impress them with your agency's service and you'll get referrals. Its easy. Regarding commissions, the higher the better. Its too bad Progressive didn't increase it a bit with Drive, it might have gotten rid of the bad attitudes a bit.
LCIS
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by LCIS »

So far I have seen a few commercials that don't really appeal to me, but they may to some people, I have also seen numerous billboards that have a green and white appearance and say something about drive, relax, repeat, or getting your car fixed shouldnt be as stressful as the accident. neither billboard has a phone number or even say that you should call your local agent. If you look close enough and don't crash your car while looking you will see a web site and on the right side some words that are so small you can not make them out. no where does it say this is an ad for insurance, or to call your local independant agent or give a name or phone number. The bill boards need a lot of work in MY opinion. So far I have seen nothing from Drive that will target captive customers, if they said something like "So you think you have a good price with Allstate or State Farm? call your local agent and see what they can do for you". At this point MY current customers are just as much a target as the captives customers are. I am miffed that Progressive kept the name for them selves, there is NO loyalty there to agents, we built the name and now we have to spend 10 years building DRIVE, If it makes it that long and if Progressive doesn't dump the whole thing. I hope it works but it still needs tweeking. Its a new name tell them what it is and what you are selling, the print ads are not hitting home.
Drive Fan
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Drive Fan »

The best is yet to come with Drive Insurance from Progressive.

Over the years a lot has been said about Progressive Insurance and their constant quest to improve and change.

The one thing that is constant: Progressive continues to set the bar for other carriers. Brand, Marketing, Technology, Ease-of-Use, Claims and more.

Every change and improvement that Progressive has made over the years has met with a lot of critics making claims before the results were evident.

Yes, Progressive has made mistakes. You can expect that from a company that constantly strives to improve itself.

I would highly recommend leveraging Drive Insurance from Progressive with every opportunity available in your Independent Agency.

What you have seen to date is only the first-wave of reaching out to Captive Insurance Buyers.

Stay-Tuned the best is coming soon.