Executive Suites CA

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
uwalka03
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Executive Suites CA

Post by uwalka03 »

I have a new applicant that leases a floor from an office building, has constructed multiple private offices within the leased space, and then subleases these offices to professionals (attorneys, financial professionals, mortgage brokers etc). The applicant calls them "executive suites" and also provides additional services such as mail sorting, copy services, receptionists and a conference room. The client is currently with Sequoia and is rated on their dec page as office - NOC.

All my preferred markets are declining because they are not comfortable with the liability exposure (regarding the sublease). I have it out to to the surplus markets, however, considering the applicant is already with a preferred/standard carrier in Sequoia I don't think E and S markets will compete on coverage/pricing. Any one know of a carrier or program that specialized in this kind of risk. Once again, this is not a LRO as the applicant does not own the space.

My applicant is motivated to move agencies because of serious quality of service issues with the old broker, however, the broker is owned by Sequoia and they won't allow the BOR.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
askanunderwriter
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Executive Suites CA

Post by askanunderwriter »

Hi there, this sounds like a 'suh-weet' risk , ( uggh pardon the pun :) ) I am a CA MGA with a preferred( admitted) market that can write this.
Give me a call
Gloria Morisaki
NTA General Agency
925 292 8900