Quote presentations

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Dan Delgado
Insurance Journal Fan

Quote presentations

Post by Dan Delgado »

Does anybody have or is there a company that offers a presintation kit for homeowners and auto insurance. I'm tring to find a nice package that I can email to prospects beyond the company provided quote summary
IinusreU
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by IinusreU »

I don't know of any specific programs. What I have done is make my own presentation. With a little help from a CPU geek, I got our company logo downloaded, I put in coverages that are right for the area I work in and send it off.

By doing it yourself, the product is alot cleaner and easier to read. Usually programs that you purchase are done by insurance people that understand a little more than the average person does about insurance. Use your experience, you know what questions most clients ask, put those coverages on the presentation.

As always, at the end of the proposal I put suggested coverages and an area for the client to sign off on.
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

I would probably attach the quotes, and a letter explaining the coverage and any brochures the company has available on themselves. Other than that, what can you do other than put together a powerpoint presentation? At that point, you're putting too much work into an email presentation really, because they're probably looking a bit more at cost. You're better off closing that kind of sale in person. I do like the PDF quotes though, they're very easy to email to the clients.
brokerdave
Insurance Journal Fan

Image is Everything

Post by brokerdave »

The key is to accurately communicate two things: 1) The deal......2) You are the consummate insurance pro that was able to develop the deal.

I NEVER send a Company quote to a prospect/client. I only send MY quote, on MY letterhead with everything properly laid out (including the identity and AB Best Rating of the Company).

Develop quote templates in WORD and fill-in the variables for each quote (there's not that many). Get your logo/letterhead scanned in and plaster it all over the place (header, watermark, footer, etc).

I augment with my own narratives on coverages, etc. Use Company materials solely as backup to your own stuff.

Brand EVERYTHING you possibly can. It's all about you!!

Several Companies are working hard to define you as a commission sucking, no value-added, shopping service middleman that's been replaced by their web-site and/or 800 #. I suggest you make great efforts to define yourself.
judithlou
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by judithlou »

Check out http://www.insuranceproposals.com
Preston Diamond's copyrighted proposal system.