named non-owner insurance

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
winter
Insurance Journal Fan

named non-owner insurance

Post by winter »

what are anyone's insights or thoughts on writing this coverage? thanks, i am new the insurance industry.
Brandy
Insurance Journal Addict

RE: named non owners policy

Post by Brandy »

I've wrote it. I found it to be a waste of time. Send them to Progressive Direct and protect your book of business.
92builder
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by 92builder »

I totally agree. Since you're new at this and your office is just starting out, this is a GREAT time to set the ground rules of what you will and won't take. There is a time and place for this type of coverage, but if you make a habit of it and put it out there that you'll do it, you will slowly develop customers who renew month to month (or not at all), and other types who bring you the risks that no one else will take.

Don't be afraid to take a stand with a customer. You need to run your office, not let the customer run it for you.
Reflex
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Reflex »

If your'e talking personal lines, then I would recommend writing a Chubb homeowners or renters policy with a $1,000,000 liability limit.

Chubb's policies provide this coverage as long as the insured does not own or have access to a vehicle and carries at least $1MM personal liability on the homeowners policy.

If the insured is not a candidate for a Chubb policy then I would agree with veryone else on this board and let the client walk.

Commercial lines is another story altogether...
winter
Insurance Journal Fan

re: named non-owner

Post by winter »

thank you to all who have replied to my question, "what are anyone's insights or thoughts on writing this coverage? thanks, i am new the insurance industry."

i will return with more questions... and share to those that need my advice as i grow in this industry.