Telemarketing?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Wolfman97
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Wolfman97 »

InsAgentSF wrote:On a subject. I went to borders yesterday and picked up an interesting book "No More Cold Calling(TM) : The Breakthrough System That Will Leave Your Competition in the Dust " :) They teach how to build a business on referrals only
See my method I just posted. You don't have to buy the book and you will get more referrals than you can handle.
92builder
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by 92builder »

What method??? Oh, so in some obscure post, you say "just get referrals", and some other poster says at some point in their lengthy career, "you have GOT to cold call and use sandwich boards", and about every other day, some one says "screw commissions, work on fees". Just b/c at some point you've made the point for referrals, it's not "your system". Yes, it may have worked for you in the past, but maybe it only works for YOU...

This is the great thing about sales; there is no cut and dried way to sell. There are, I'll admit, only a handful of ways to close, but getting in the door is different. Every agent, new or seasoned, will have to figger out on their own which way works for them. Honestly, I use every method there is b/c every sale is different and every customer reacts positively to different sales techniques. Here in my town of 2.5K, I have to learn to use each sales technique effectively. Do you think every insured in this town will only buy from one way of selling/presentation? Get real.

And btw, SF, I WILL pick up that book b/c I'll bet you there's at least one thing in there that will make me better.
Wolfman97
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Wolfman97 »

92builder wrote:What method??? Oh, so in some obscure post, you say "just get referrals", and some other poster says at some point in their lengthy career, "you have GOT to cold call and use sandwich boards", and about every other day, some one says "screw commissions, work on fees". Just b/c at some point you've made the point for referrals, it's not "your system". Yes, it may have worked for you in the past, but maybe it only works for YOU...

This is the great thing about sales; there is no cut and dried way to sell. There are, I'll admit, only a handful of ways to close, but getting in the door is different. Every agent, new or seasoned, will have to figger out on their own which way works for them. Honestly, I use every method there is b/c every sale is different and every customer reacts positively to different sales techniques. Here in my town of 2.5K, I have to learn to use each sales technique effectively. Do you think every insured in this town will only buy from one way of selling/presentation? Get real.

And btw, SF, I WILL pick up that book b/c I'll bet you there's at least one thing in there that will make me better.
I think I see the problem. You are trying to speed read and missing a hell of a lot. Nowhere did I say "just get referrals". If you read that, then you wrote it yourself.

I agree with you that there are all kinds of ways to sell. On the other hand, some work distinctly better than others.