coverage for pregnancy

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
andree
Insurance Journal Fan

coverage for pregnancy

Post by andree »

I have a client who is 5 months pregnant,she did have coverage thru her fathers plan,but he has decided to drop her from it because of this pregnancy.Does anybody know a good place to get her coverage
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Pregnancy

Post by LadyBroker »

Can he drop her like that? Typically you have to have a life event to come off coverage mid year....or did he elect not to keep her on at new enrollment? Wow, talk about tough love.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
rodgwag
Insurance Journal Addict

Coverage for pregnancy

Post by rodgwag »

:idea: If she has limited income, (such as her father cutting her off). Then she will qualify for AIM (access for mothers and infants). She will have excellent medical coverage at the lowest rate that I have ever seen. I mean unbelievably low. After her son or daughter is born the child can have health insurance through Healthy Families. This is very good coverage with $25 co-pays for only about $9 per month. I hope this helps. P.S. don't be discouraged by income requirements, they take everything into consideration.
Rodgwag
andree
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by andree »

Thanks for your replies,I am located in Utah and I cannot find the AIM program here,any other help please
goredsox
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by goredsox »

When did her father remove her from the insurance? She has the option to pay (COBRA laws) the monthly premium for her coverage directly to the company. This is usually costly but better than nothing.
tsntyler
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by tsntyler »

Just change her last name to a Hispanic surname.......and NO PROBLEMO!
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

tsntyler wrote:Just change her last name to a Hispanic surname.......and NO PROBLEMO!
LOL
MsLilagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by MsLilagent »

I hope that tsntyler is not a licensed agent in the State of California. I would not want to do business with anyone that could make that type of statement.

That is so totally unprofessional! Here is someone that is looking for a little help in a matter. And then you get a Business Professional that respinses and acts like they are back in highschool!

I see no humor in the comment!