Several Leads Available

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

rachelg
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Several Leads Available

Post by rachelg »

I am looking for some insurance agents who are interested in auto, home, renters and heath insurance leads. These people are seeking for quotes via the Internet and are waiting for rates. I am only looking for a few selct agents in each state willing to contact these leads almost immediately. I can build a program best suited for each agent. We can offer both exclusive and non-exclusive leads in most states. Please pm me if you are interested.
mhutch69
Insurance Journal Addict

Internet Leads

Post by mhutch69 »

What service are you with?

How are your leads generated?

Any limits on lead credit due to non-contact or bogus info?

How many agents in each zip for each lead?

How much for non-standard auto leads?

I am in AZ. and want to know your total Maricopa County leads per month?

How many do you have in CA. also?

If I buy them all, is there an exclusive rate?

Let me know.

thanks,
MLight

Post by MLight »

What kind of contact info do you provide?

- name?

- address?

- email?

- cell phone number?

- something else?

all of the above or one of the above?
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Beware

Post by d's insurance store »

I'm telling only my story, and this in no way reflects on the person posting soliciting for new lead clients.

I've played the internet lead game with a number of lead vendors for personal lines auto.

I found it to be a vast waste of my time and money in my marketing area. The overwhelming majority of people soliciting quotes did not have an immediate need for coverage, were perpetual price shoppers bouncing from low price to low price every six months, had phones that were either never answered, disconnected or bogus, had email address that were either bad or bogus and generally were upset that they even had to deal with an agent.

Sure, spend enough money on leads and indeed, you'll sell an occasional policy, but usually the buyers were what I would call 'low value' customers, with only monoline needs and very little prospect of developing an account...you know the type...apartment dwellers with multiple roommates driving early '80's vintage vehicles with minimum coverage needs and once the down payment is collected, then cancellation notices begin going out with the first due bill.

I suppose somewhere there's a market where the majority of purchased leads are really people wanting to compare rates, but I spent far more than anything earned in commission, falling far short of breaking even. Of course, your milage may vary, and this may well be a market specific issue...things just may be stranger here in California.
rachelg

Post by rachelg »

We have been obtaining information such as name, phone, address, vehicles, coverage options. driving record, when their current policy expires, when they want to start coverage and more. We can adjust the forms in certain areas in which we lack qualified agents.

As to the critics of the Internet lead game. The Internet is a powerful way to adveretise. In fact check out what the 4 major insurance companies are paying for a single click. On a popular pay-per-click program, bidding wars have reached an astronomical price of $280 per click. Compare that with the price of a lead we are offering and discover the value. They are taking a chance of getting people playing around. We are looking for agents interested in new business. Calling are customers promptly and serving their insurance needs.

If your business seems to be getting a lot of customers in which leave after six months, or always shopping around, not finishing their policy etc.. You may not be offering a good product or service. Customers may be less loyal than ever. However, many drivers are just looking for a good deal and great service. If you are offering them what they need in a timely manner, your customers will not have any reason to leave and shop elsewhere.