National Fast Food Chain

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
larsimo
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

National Fast Food Chain

Post by larsimo »

Hey everyone - to my surprise I am having a little issue in remarketing a large Fast Food franchise with 5,000+ stores nationwide! :shock: I have a couple of carriers looking into it for about a week and a half now, but nothing concrete yet. Extremely profitable account with very little claim activitly. Does anybody know of any carriers/places that I could go to that specializes in this type of risk?

And oh yea, because this is a very well known Franchise, it needs to be written on admitted paper and must offer hurricane coverage in States such as FL, TX, LA, etc.....

Thanks.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: National Fast Food Chain

Post by LadyBroker »

You might need to consider peeling off the Hurricane exposures and placing them in the E & S market.

Also, this sounds like something Chubb would write all day long, have you approached them? They love big, marquee accounts.

Curious why you are re-marketing? If it's profitable, isn't the incumbent carrier(s) all over it?
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
larsimo
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by larsimo »

LadyBroker wrote:You might need to consider peeling off the Hurricane exposures and placing them in the E & S market.

Also, this sounds like something Chubb would write all day long, have you approached them? They love big, marquee accounts.

Curious why you are re-marketing? If it's profitable, isn't the incumbent carrier(s) all over it?
Thanks Ladybroker. No can't do on the Hurricane coverage...... it's a must have.

And thanks for the Chubb idea.... had not thought about them....

Lastly, the current carrier is not cancelling because of the hurricane exposure or because of the account not being profitable. It's actually the opposite. They wanted to stay on it but the Franchise has gone thru some changes in the last year which has added some additional exposures that the current carrier does not want to entertain :(
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

Understand the change in exposures, it seems like that's a daily event now!

With regards to the Hurricane coverage, though, you may have some difficulty in the preferred marketplace getting them to allow that line. You may have better luck taking the Hurricane exposure to the E & S marketplace. It's like Quake in California...most all of the preferred markets will not offer it, so that line comes to the wholesale side.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."