CNA - Construction (CAM)

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

GrowthAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

CNA - Construction (CAM)

Post by GrowthAgent »

I need opinions about CNA construction programs east of the Mississippi. Are the 9 CAM programs (ASCC, ECCP, ARTBA, MBAP, NUCA, NRCA, SMA, PLANT, LICA) still viable in the market place? My read is the programs provide great coverage but CNA's underwriting appetite is restrictive and the premium is not competitive vs the regionals carriers who cherry pick the "good" contractors.
etimer
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by etimer »

I didn't even know that CNA still had the CAM programs. Probably around 10 or more years ago I was involved in selling CAM programs and I can say that back then, they worked well. I haven't had a direct contract with CNA for a long time and can't say how well the CAM programs have been working.
TheInsKid
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by TheInsKid »

CNA still has CAM construction programs and they are writing business east of the Mississippi. They however tend to pick and choose what accounts they want to write, mostly larger premium size accounts and with good risk management and loss experience. They have a good idea of exactly what they want and will not write accounts they have not targeted. They can be competitive when they want to be and they are not going back to the old days, and let the CAM programs kill them, a very smart move. They may have learned their lessons the hard way and do not want to repeat their bad experience. Let the regionals do somethng stupid and get killed. Some have already started to learn, it is only a matter of time.