Coverage for bar in Nevada

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
SFINS
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Coverage for bar in Nevada

Post by SFINS »

I have a client that will be opening a high-end wine bar and restaurant in Nevada, on the outskirts of Las Vegas.

We currently insure their bar in CA, but our two most competitive markets that we use do not write in NV, so I am not sure where to go with this one.

We have several E&S markets that can write the risk, but I have been told that there are some standard carriers in NV that are writing this class of business much more competitively than E&S carriers.

The insured is projecting gross receipts of $4.5M, with 70% of sales from beer, wine and liquor. No dancing, catering or delivery. No adult entertainment exposure.

We are not too familiar with the NV market for this class of business, so any input would be appreciated!
InsMgmt
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Coverage for bar in Nevada

Post by InsMgmt »

SFINS,

Try the following: http://www.insurcorp.com/ or http://www.mcfaddeninsurance.com/ - both are based in Vegas and both are vendor/members of the NV Restaurant Association.

You may be able to work a deal for a portion of the commission.

Good luck!

Hal
Penske
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Penske »

Hi there,

I have a program that will provide the GL & liquor in NV for Bars/taverns/nightclubs etc, if they are willing to accept a $7,500 MP. If you are interested, please give me a call to discuss - 213-833-6129.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

I, too, can help you in Nevada. Our minimum pricing would start a little less than the $7500 mentioned above, but of course, the pricing depends on the receipts.

PM me if you'd like to chat more.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."