China’s banking and insurance regulator said on Friday it will extend its control of Anbang Insurance Group Co. Ltd. for one year to Feb. 22, 2020.
The regulator will maintain the stable operation of Anbang and protect the interests of all relevant parties, the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission said in a statement on its website.
The Chinese government took control of Anbang in February last year, part of a sweeping campaign to reduce financial risk. The former chairman of Anbang, Wu Xiaohui, was later sentenced to 18 years in prison by a Chinese court.
(Reporting by Beijing Monitoring Desk; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
Related:
- Anbang Insurance Assets for Sale Include Manhattan Building, Health Insurer, Hotels
- Anbang Chairman Wu’s Downfall Sealed with 18 Year Jail Term
- Q&A on China’s Takeover of Giant Anbang Insurance
Topics China
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
BMW Recalls Hundreds of Thousands of Cars Over Fire Risk
How One Fla. Insurance Agent Allegedly Used Another’s License to Swipe Commissions
What Analysts Are Saying About the 2026 P/C Insurance Market
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles 

