Oil service company Halliburton on Tuesday said a cyberattack last month has caused “disruptions and limitations” to business applications that support operations.
“The company believes the unauthorized third party accessed and exfiltrated information from the company’s systems,” Halliburton said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Halliburton reported the incident to the SEC last month after discovering the unauthorized access.
Halliburton said it initiated its cybersecurity response plan and is restoring some of its systems. Certain systems were taken offline. The $23-billion company has been in communication with customers and stakeholders, and products and services continue to be provided, it said.
Halliburton said it has incurred, and will continued to incur, certain expenses related to the incident, but it is not likely to have a material impact on its financial condition.
“The company remains subject to various risks due to the incident, including the adequacy of processes during the period of disruption, diversion of management’s attention, potential litigation, changes in customer behavior, and regulatory scrutiny,” Halliburton said.
Topics Cyber
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.

The $10 Trillion Fight: Modeling a US-China War Over Taiwan
Kansas Man Sentenced for Insurance Fraud, Forgery
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup


