Property Underwriter Recruiter Recommendations

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
scoseg
Insurance Journal Fan

Property Underwriter Recruiter Recommendations

Post by scoseg »

Hello,
My wife is looking to continue her career in all risk property with an emphasis on US catastrophe exposure and I offered to help out. Apologies in advance for not knowing all the lingo and only giving some basics. I am looking for some good recuiters to help assist her search and would appreciate any recommendations from this forum. I am also interested in any other resources or forums where I could track someone down to help out.

She specializes in wind and has a $24+MM premium book of business at a fairly small company. From what her coworkers say, she is a rock star. She has a degree in insurance and has been moving up the ranks quickly in the industry since 2002.

She already has some great connections for underwriter positions and is also considering brokering positions. Most of our leads bring us to NY, Chicago and especially Atlanta. We are open to most locations and are open to learning more about potential international positions. She is also fluent in Russian.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may offer.

(Recently edited by the wife)
Last edited by scoseg on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlstonCPCU
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Property and Casualty Insurance Recruiter Recommendations

Post by AlstonCPCU »

Sounds like she doesn't need a recruiter...
scoseg
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by scoseg »

Thanks for your reply. I thought a recruiter might be able to help us explore international options since she does not have too many connections overseas. I also figure more assistance = more opportunities.
ForumReader1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by ForumReader1 »

When you say she specializes in wind, does that mean losses resulting from wind, or the "wind" energy market segment? Is she currently with an insurance company? I'm assuming $24mm means premium.
scoseg
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by scoseg »

Yes, losses from wind. And yes, $24mm is premium. She currently works for a company that specializes in underwriting catastrophe insurance risk.

Thanks again!
R Levine
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by R Levine »

kevinraz
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Property Underwriter Recruiter Recommendations

Post by kevinraz »

Avoid Smith Hanley. Poor communicators.
Recommend Cindy LeMoine at Pinn Consulting cindy@pinnconsulting.com
Kevin Rasmussen AU, CIC
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

Do you want to move overseas, or talk to overseas brokers, your original post is not clear.

Also, something to consider, if she is currently working at a Wind-only shop, and she moves, is all $24 million of that business going to follow her to a shop that doesn't specialize in wind? And will she have the markets at another shop?
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
jenas1
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jenas1 »

Michigan insurance recruiters gave their reviews regarding insurance jobs that compared to last year, the number of jobs in this branch has improved much dramatically.