Suggests on Homeowner Company that fit this profile..

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Suggests on Homeowner Company that fit this profile..

Post by meytai »

Thank you for the responses in advance..

I am looking for a carrier that will accept risks that aren't perfect.. right now i am writing all my stuff through a few carriers.. but in particular, Fidelity National... but they are either cancelling what i write or non-renewing it.. they say they want business, but they will cancel or non-renew for the smallest things.. i'm losing business instead.. so i need a company that will take some of those risks that don't have a perfect yard and perfect paint job.. i'm sure you know what i'm talking about.. if you need more detail.. please let me know..

Before anyone mentions McGraw.. i refuse to send them business.. unless there is no alternative to them

Thank you

Meytai
new2independent
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Suggests on Homeowner Company that fit this profile..

Post by new2independent »

Really can't help unless I know which region you are in.
SFOInsuranceLady
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by SFOInsuranceLady »

Are you in California? Try JE Brown in Walnut Creek. They do Standard & Non-Standard HO-3, High Value, Dwelling fire,
Ho-4, HO-6 as well as Motor Home, Mobile Home, Boat, Watercraft and Multiple Rental Dwellings. They have an on-line rating system for you to utilize as well. We aren't a fan of McGraw, either, so I know how you feel. Hope this helps!
SpecialtyAgent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by SpecialtyAgent »

Hallmark Insurance has a good homeowners program that accepts risks that aren’t perfect. We place a lot of HO-3’s and DP-3’s with them. Not sure if they’re available in all states. Check out their website http://www.hallmarkinsco.com.
rodgwag
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by rodgwag »

Foremost
Rodgwag
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

Yeah, Foremost. They have some excellent products that allow all sorts of unacceptable (to others) scenarios.

However, if it's just paint or an ugly yard, the Homeowner may be $$$ ahead to hire a crew to make the home presentable. Anyway, contact Foremost.

Swymmer
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by meytai »

I'm in CA

And Foremost has a non-standard homeowners product, specifically for risks that are really hard to place.. but the homes i'm writing aren't ultra high risks.. i've only got a few appointments for HO.. that is Fidelity.. Mcgraw.. Commerce West and Foremost for the hih risk stuff.. but CW is picky as well.. McGraw fits the profile but damn i hate writing them

Any suggestions
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

I often take the attitude that the homeowner needs to have a home that shows "Pride of Ownership". I tell them so, politely, tactfully. If they can spend a weekend or two cleaning up the place so it's not a Foremost prospect, they will have a better rate, coverage and personal self-esteem as well! And, I'm able to put another preferred case on the books, not sub-standard.

Give it a try, most always they will take the steps to get there. If not, they are a Foremost prospect!

Swymmer
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by steve32 »

How is working with Fidelity? How are their rates for homeowners?
RiskMgr.A&M
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by RiskMgr.A&M »

Anderson & Murison offers a selection of A rated HO markets for hard-to-place risks. Our pricing and coverage options will keep you competitive on older, high-valued and brush-exposed risks, tenant occupied or primary residences. Our HO3, HO4, HO5, HO6, HO8 and DP forms are competitive on preferred programs with direct writers. Our underwriters will work as an intermediary to avoid NOC after an inspection by evaluating loss control recs and suggesting options to the agent and the carrier. If a risk becomes ineligible we can usually avoid NOC by finding another market.

Compare us to the markets you have mentioned: fax the application to 323-255-0957 or complete an EZ quote online at http://www.andersonmurison.com. You will hear from us within 24 hrs, sometimes same day. To discuss details or HO eligibility, call Ruth Barber or Raphael Hernandez at 800-234-6977 ext 250.

George Price, Mgr - Producer Services
Anderson & Murison Inc
800-234-6977 ext 209
george.price@andersonmurison.com