General Liability For A Homeowner Association

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Mike Bogges
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Mike Bogges »

General Liability for a Homeowner Association. The association is for the common area of a 36 lot custom home development. The Lots are being sold off one by one and will be built out as custom homes by the purchaser of the lot. My client is the developer who did the infrastructure for the development. The common area has now been transferred to the Homeowner Association and the CC&R's call for General Liability insurance as well as D&O. The developer may build some of the homes on an individual basis for the purchaser of a given lot. In California that is why the insurance is difficult. Heard that Allstate might entertain this.
PHLYINS
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PHLYINS »

You can try Philadelphia Insurance Companies. They have a Homeowners Association program. Their web site is http://www.phly.com. You can call them at 800-873-4552 and they will put you in touch with a marketing rep in your area.
Beth
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Beth »

Try Thompkins & Company in Alameda, CA. They have a program for Planned Unit Developments. The head of the unit is Dave Anderson.
cynsationalinswoman
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by cynsationalinswoman »

Definitely Philadelphia for a PUD, try contacting LaBarre Oksnee for their program. If you need D & O might need to get that elsewhere, but they will write umbrella over other D & O. You will need plot plan, budget & you can get the Philadelphia apps off their website.
[FONT=Optima]CynsationalInsWoman[FONT=Optima]
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

:angry: Ok I guess I'll respond to this thread any of the following, its a done deal. Come on..guys help him out. Travelers/St.Paul can't beet the rate. Financial Pacific Ins., Zurich, CIG Ins,. Allied Ins.,GL only. I can go on and on. Any non-standard market, Cambridge, Sweat & Crowford, Bliss & Glennon, Superior Access these are all easy to get appointed with, will Cambridge and Sweat may be tough. Any direct writer will yes, allstate statefarm farmers. This risk is very easy to place. The problem is property coverage. There are plenty more if needed email me if you really need a source. :P