Office manager - HELP with procedures & workload

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

ZVD
Insurance Journal Fan

Office manager - HELP with procedures & workload

Post by ZVD »

I have been in the insurance business for 12 yrs, worked for an Exclusive Allstate agent for 11 1/2 years as a Producer/CSR, worked alone with an absentee agent/owner. Six months ago, I left and I am now at an IA. I was recently asked to manage the agency (personal lines only) and reorganize the procedures/workload. When I first joined the agency, the Book of Business was divided by alphabet, but not at this time. There are approximately 5000 policies. There are 3 CSR'S and the manager.
My goal is to place proper procedures that will allow the CSR's to be more efficient, service oriented, and cross sell more.
I would like to go back to the alphabet system, divide the policies between the CSR's, so that the workload and procedures are distributed evenly and for the CSR's to be accountable for the service/maintenance of the policies from start to finish -Quote, close, maintain,service, renew, cross sell.
I am looking for any suggestions for placing new or better procedures in handling policies/workload in order to succeed in my goal.
Thanks!
zvd
JasonBHBCo
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Office manager - HELP with procedures & workload

Post by JasonBHBCo »

ZVD,
I work with independent agencies to do exactly this sort of thing.
I consult with agencies that are operating with any of the major management systems (and am completely independent in that sense, as I do not represent any vendor).
If you are interested in using some outside (and objective) help to accomplish your goals, please let me know.
You can find out more about our firm at http://www.bhbco.com.
Regards,
Jason Hoeppner
(jason@bhbco.com)
bondgirl12
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Office manager - HELP with procedures & workload

Post by bondgirl12 »

Look in to this group. I have attended a couple of their sessions that do have a system that really works with workflow to eliminate back log.

www.agencymanagement.com