How To Break Into The P&c End Of Biz?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

logan
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by logan »

Can a newer agent get appointed with major players or do you need to have years of exp?

Is PC the same as Health and Life as far as getting appointed?

Just go through a GA?

Is E&O extemely expensive as an indy?

Keep looking at P&C as everyone needs it and most willing to let you give qoutes.

Not sure if it makes a difference but am in MI.

Any have suggestions for a Healtha and life GA in SE, MI?

Thank you all.
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

Logan, there is a ton of information on this topic in past post.

1) NO...... it's "˜not' as easy as life and health. Any one can take a quick learn test and be appointed. L/H/D license.

FYI, Property & Causality is a whole another animal. The big carriers will want experience one way or another. They will require a production quota of at least $150,000 written premium per year. So as I have said in the past go see Allstate or Statefarm or god help us the worst of the bunch farmers, these are all mid-size companies that compete with each other. Will except farmers agent's they compete again each other, it's a good way to learn different points of view. I would go work for a large broker. You can't get appointed with all the carriers your going to need to be successful

2) NO...don't go to work for a general agent, (major quota requirements), most don't have enough markets for you, or your going to specialize in a nich market BORING.

3) E & O yes its expensive, for you my guess is any where in the US of A $4000 and up.