I need a real wholesaler Bad! NJ, Yes NJ! Who can get DONE!

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
fnaprime
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

I need a real wholesaler Bad! NJ, Yes NJ! Who can get DONE!

Post by fnaprime »

I need some options to write personal and commercial, mostly personal P&C insurance in NJ. I have been spinning my wheels here for weeks. Every wholesaler, middleman, WHORE, says they can get the job done for us in NJ. They take there subscription money and than we try to write business and than they cant get it done. I would GREATLY APPRICIATE someone who can help with these challenges. We have plenty of business but no where to place it. The phone rings all day for quotes and NONE of the wholsalers can produce. For example I would like to write vacation and non owner occoupied dwellings without taking the main homeowners policy. For another example, Home owners policies in flood zones and also replacement values above $300,000. Another challenge, plain old personal auto.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Mr Bill
gnelson
Insurance Journal Fan

NJ Dwelling Business

Post by gnelson »

We have a A.M. Best Rated "B" Carrier that has been very successful in writing both hard to place commercial and personal lines business for us in NJ that other wouldn't or couldn't write. If you thank you may be interested, fax over aby company's completed app. to (215) 324-8186 to see if we may be of assistance to you. Send fax attn: G. Nelson
BrokerX
Insurance Journal Fan

NJ Dwelling Business

Post by BrokerX »

It is no surprise that you cannot get a wholesaler to work with you when you think of us as "WHORES". You probably have no clue or experience working with the wholesale distribution system.

As a professional wholesaler, I have the opportunity to work with professional and experienced retailers, and today I get the opportunity to work with you!

I wish you the best of luck and good ridance!
TOG
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by TOG »

Dear Bill; I read your posting. I'm a wholesaler who specializes in Personal Lines for the Tri-States. I have 3 excellent H.O. companies(excess). Coastal and prior losses are usually not a problem. I also represent a Surplus lines carrier who writes stand alone CPL, umbrella and excess umbrella. All carriers are A 10 or better. With a completed app turn around time is less than 24 hours. I also have admitted carriers (6) who will write in NJ including stand alone auto.
Allan Apotheker
fnaprime

Re: NJ Dwelling Business

Post by fnaprime »

BrokerX wrote:It is no surprise that you cannot get a wholesaler to work with you when you think of us as "WHORES". You probably have no clue or experience working with the wholesale distribution system.

As a professional wholesaler, I have the opportunity to work with professional and experienced retailers, and today I get the opportunity to work with you!

I wish you the best of luck and good ridance!
Hey, if the shoe fits, wear it! I am sure with your response, you fit the description. Anyone that is experienced in the business, knows that most of you guys can't produce. BTW, I am an MGA for life & Health, and I do know that as much as that word might of hurt you, it is true. So if any real players can help us in NJ, we are very interested. I just don't want to waste my time or yours.

Mr Bill :wink:
Jacqueline

Post by Jacqueline »

TOG wrote:Dear Bill; I read your posting. I'm a wholesaler who specializes in Personal Lines for the Tri-States. I have 3 excellent H.O. companies(excess). Coastal and prior losses are usually not a problem. I also represent a Surplus lines carrier who writes stand alone CPL, umbrella and excess umbrella. All carriers are A 10 or better. With a completed app turn around time is less than 24 hours. I also have admitted carriers (6) who will write in NJ including stand alone auto.
I was just perusing this message board when Bill's post caught my eye. I have the same problem here in Erie, PA! While have plenty of direct appointments with non-standard personal auto & homeowner/dwelling carriers, I have yet to find a wholesaler or MGA who can deliver for me on the business/commercial liability end. I empathize w/ Bill's frustration completely to the point where I dread getting calls requesting contractor's GL !!

I lost out on so much business because the wholesalers who claim they can get the job done and place coverage for the independent retail agent just promised us the moon with their "Yeah, yeah, yeah - We can do this policy" only to turn around and - after taking up to a month to remember us, FINALLY getting back to me only to say, "Sorry but we have no carrier who will write this because there is a minimum premium amount, a minimum time in business requirement, etc". What a headache in placing coverage! In fact, because of this foolishness, I have not been able to place ONE SINGLE COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS policy since I opened my agency last year !!!! If not for my personal auto book and carriers like AIG, Dairyland, Victoria, Foremost and Hanover who were willing to take a chance on a "new agency", we would have gone under for sure at this rate!

I just got another phone call from a start up business that needs some Operations Completed GL. It's a one man operation whose business is repairing manufacturing and production machinery and maintaining it for various manufacturing firms scattered throughout western PA. I am dealing with customers who are self-employed, without alot of start-up money and no payroll employees, and whose ability to grow their businesses hinges on being able to get a reasonable Contractor's GL policy without having to pay for $10 million dollars worth of liability limits!

Since you are very knowledgeable on the wholesale side in the tri-state area, I would really appreciate any help or advice you have to offer. Feel free to email me directly at: jacqueline.76@netzero.net.
Jacqueline

Post by Jacqueline »

gnelson wrote:We have a A.M. Best Rated "B" Carrier that has been very successful in writing both hard to place commercial and personal lines business for us in NJ that other wouldn't or couldn't write. If you thank you may be interested, fax over aby company's completed app. to (215) 324-8186 to see if we may be of assistance to you. Send fax attn: G. Nelson
Do you handle small policies for start-up businesses for contractors? If so, kindly let me know what forms you need submitted in addition to the standard Accord Forms and how my commercial customers can get the coverage they need. I was previously dealing w/ a wholesaler out of Tennesee who promised the moon but didn't deliver beans! I do not always get time to browse the message boards here, but I do check my email 5 times a day so please feel free to contact me via private email at: jacqueline.76@netzero.net

Thank You,
Jacqueline Homan, Erie, PA
fnaprime

Post by fnaprime »

Jacqueline wrote:
gnelson wrote:We have a A.M. Best Rated "B" Carrier that has been very successful in writing both hard to place commercial and personal lines business for us in NJ that other wouldn't or couldn't write. If you thank you may be interested, fax over aby company's completed app. to (215) 324-8186 to see if we may be of assistance to you. Send fax attn: G. Nelson
Do you handle small policies for start-up businesses for contractors? If so, kindly let me know what forms you need submitted in addition to the standard Accord Forms and how my commercial customers can get the coverage they need. I was previously dealing w/ a wholesaler out of Tennesee who promised the moon but didn't deliver beans! I do not always get time to browse the message boards here, but I do check my email 5 times a day so please feel free to contact me via private email at: jacqueline.76@netzero.net

Thank You,
Jacqueline Homan, Erie, PA
Please email me a contact #. Not going to fax to someone I do not know who they are. email wealthsecrets@iwon.com
daniellewhalen
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by daniellewhalen »

http://www.allrisks.com & Excel Ins Services 877-530-0111

My favorite MGA is Jimcor which has a Pa and NJ office.
Dani Whalen