Applied U/W

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

CN1
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Applied U/W

Post by CN1 »

Anyone write Applied for workers comp? What has been your experience?
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Applied U/W

Post by InsAgentSF »

so-so
CN1
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Applied

Post by CN1 »

SF, would you use them again?
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Applied

Post by InsAgentSF »

Sure :)
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

applied UW

Post by volstrike3 »

Some accounts love it some hate it. Less sophisitcated accounts like the payroll service and more sophisitcated accounts do not like giving up control of payroll, taxes, etc.

I have had success placing accounts that do not have full time office staff with Applied UW. They never want to leave.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

OK I will throw my 2 pennies in. Will never use them again. I lost two very good clients. Their rates are not worth the trouble of their added service for the client.. The rates were anyhow but hey that for the added service. My clients were becoming nickel and dimed the bookkeeping was very troublesome for them. Your not the agent, they are and try to explain that to your clients when they keep coming to you for answers. Then hang up call Applied and start all over. I lost good PKG accounts. You do not own the business try and get loss runs what hassle that is :roll:
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

applied uw

Post by volstrike3 »

I agree they are not the place for your top accounts. They have some flexibility (can backdate 30 days) and they seem to work for smaller, less sophisticated accounts. If you have a landscaper with 6 guys, he will probably be happy with Applied UW. Anything above and beyond that gets a little scary.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Certainly not competitive, I understand they offer extra's but employers are not interested. In having them run MVR's and drug tests. Hell 50% those employees don't last longer then two months anyhow. Am telling you get expensive for the insured. I have walk into many Applied work comp accounts have taken everyone with the exception of one with very high mod.
shemeshka
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by shemeshka »

They are very slow...
stephen
Insurance Journal Fan

just applied with Applied UW

Post by stephen »

I thought the Hathaway buy-out making them an A+ might be worth coming on board for....

like you said ,...the shoe has to fit
' seize the day serenely '
CATHIEA
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by CATHIEA »

Sanddog,
thanks for the info. I was contacted by them recently but haven't gotten around to looking at their stuff. Don't need any hastles.