dress code

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

VAAcctMgr
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Dress Code

Post by VAAcctMgr »

blonde&more..............I love it.............some genuine wit!

On a more serious note than wardrobe, it seems there are critical spelling and grammar issues amongst the ranks.
Advisor

Post by Advisor »

I wear business attire each day unless I'm working indoors and NO scheduled appointments (maybe one day a week). We work strictly off referrals and no walk-in business, so I'm not concerned with unannounced visitors.

I dress professionally, and not up or down acccording to who I'm going to meet.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

I ware a suit everyday until June. Then it is short sleeves, shorts, and sandals until September. I will only dust off the suit for certain appointments. 8)
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

Advisor wrote:I wear business attire each day unless I'm working indoors and NO scheduled appointments (maybe one day a week). We work strictly off referrals and no walk-in business, so I'm not concerned with unannounced visitors.

Your personal dress code makes sense to me. You know, I dressed that way until I finally got a window office, and found that the solar heat made my office ten degrees warmer than the rest of the office. Just out of curiousity, how do the others in your office dress?
Advisor

Post by Advisor »

independent guy wrote:
Advisor wrote:I wear business attire each day unless I'm working indoors and NO scheduled appointments (maybe one day a week). We work strictly off referrals and no walk-in business, so I'm not concerned with unannounced visitors.

Your personal dress code makes sense to me. You know, I dressed that way until I finally got a window office, and found that the solar heat made my office ten degrees warmer than the rest of the office. Just out of curiousity, how do the others in your office dress?
With the exception of the owners, the same way: business professional. The owners own the biz, they can dress anyway they want. However, they usually dress business casual unless they are meeting with a client or prospect.
bindscott
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by bindscott »

I remember the days when people dress in suits if they work in the office. Hence the names Blue Collar and White Collar.

Now we have discussions amongst office workers about what we wear to the office.... Many different answers

Ever wonder why C & R went bellyup? I used to shop there :D
FlaInsGal
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by FlaInsGal »

I worked in NY for a business casual company, every summer for 14 years my boss would give the same speech " If your circus mirror shows 10 pounds of sausage in a 5 pound casing either don't wear it or cover it up". needless to say he was called down to HR every summer.