GL & Scheduled Equipment Cov for Oil/Gas Driller in KY/U

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
KJOBF
Insurance Journal Fan

GL & Scheduled Equipment Cov for Oil/Gas Driller in KY/U

Post by KJOBF »

I have a client based out of CA that is starting up an oil/gas drilling operation on leased land in KY/UT. Need Inland Marine coverage on the Drill Rig valued at $180,000 - have been declined by Hartford, FF, Great American, Lloyds (one of them), Westchester. Still out on AIG. Carriers decline due to exposure to fire/explosion.

Cover X declined GL due to insd being an oil lease operator. Most of the Programs I found have a $25k MP or higher. Any suggestions?
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Did you try Travelers Middle market they do have some programs. In addition, I know Zurich does middle market gas exploration. Man we really need this guy to get coverage, with the pipe line in Alaska being shut down.. :roll:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
SocalRISK
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by SocalRISK »

I had a KY well operator out of So Cal running 124 wells in KY, TN and ??? forget now ... AIG did it - only place I could find.

$25k seems appropriate to me as a min premium ... but then.... Im Jaded in California :-)
KJOBF
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by KJOBF »

Thanks for the info. I have a wholesaler (Burns) trying to obtain a quote through Colony in their oil/gas drilling program. Their MP is lower than $25000, but I don't know what it is. I did have the risk submitted to AIG, but my client will not pay $25k for an estimated $200,000 in gross receipts for the 1st yr of business. I am located in California as well.