frustration

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

hockeyfreak
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

frustration

Post by hockeyfreak »

I have had a very slow 2 weeks, getting frustrated. I am failrly new, so I know the up and downs, but seem to be in a large down at the moment.

Anybody got good suggestions?

I am still working on my own, by the time i follow up with the underwriters and mortgage companies and all that admin crap, I had a really busy 2 or 3 months, but in doing so, I have done ZERO marketing, therefore the hopper is empty at the moment.
Any quick suggetsions to jumostart it agin?

Thanks guys gals
92builder
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by 92builder »

So, everyone you've solicited in the 2 or 3 busy months you had bought from you? Wow. Quite a closing ratio. Does everyone in town know what you do? Does the guy you buy gas from have your card? Does your landlord know what you do? What about the cute girl you got your coffee from this morning? Does she know what you do?

If you think about it, you probably pass up half a dozen marketing opportunities a day, just on the WAY to work. Be more open about what you do with those you meet and you'll have your marketing done for you.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

You may need to manage your time better. Make sure you don't finish a day at work until the next day is planed on paper. This way you can come in the next day and hit the ground running. Don't get overwhelmed with the defensive work and putting your marketing efforts off. Plan time for marketing and for the defensive stuff. If a client calls with a none urgent problem during your marketing time take the message and keep going. There will always be distractions but stay focused on your schedule and your goals.
broberts
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by broberts »

When's the right time to add an assistant so the producre can spend the time doing what they do best? How much production can one handle before the first person needs to be hired?
hockeyfreak
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by hockeyfreak »

Well, I am sure every sales person passes up opportunities everyday like that. I have passed out cards and talked to people when i began, but I honestly never seen anything evolve from that.

The office I am in, there is a csr to answer phones and does the initial policy inputting, but after that it is all on me, for example, I spent half of one day last week, calling mortgage companies, refaxing crap so they could pay us, over half the day just on that alone.

I have no doubt that my time management skills are worse than sucking!

I honestly haven't done any marketing in 4-6 weeks, had been dealing with all of the little crap, I know it needs done and all of that, but I just need to figure out a better way.
I need to make the damn phone ring
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Gee you guys it's there for the taking go sell your services to big housing developments. Man,..... I out lined the program made a ton of money. Or come up with a great PRINTED BROCHURE mail it and specialize you will get calls.. Dam I should write a book Newbie Book for (Been there done it a billion times)
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
txinsurancemanager
Insurance Journal Addict

When to Hire an Assistant

Post by txinsurancemanager »

Have any of you ever considered a "virtual assistant"? I've been thinking about this a lot. If you could find someone willing to be licensed in your state, who would answer your phones, use your on line programs to do quotes, issue certs, make vehicle changes, prepare applications, follow up on qtes, do proposals, even make prospecting calls for you. Other professions make this work and I just wonder if insurance could ever make use of the concept. I think the possibilities are very good. Naturally, you use non-compete documents to protect yourself. I've looked at costs for virtual assistants in other kinds of businesses - like real estate, another very competitive business. It looks like what you'd normally pay say $20,000 to $30,000 for, you could do for about $8,000, especially since they are an independent contractor. The charges can vary greatly, depending on what the person does for you, and their qualifications.

It could be a lot less costly to have an assistant on this basis.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

I know of a broker doing the same , seem to work for him. THey just have to learn their agency managment system. Insureance carriers have a pretty good service center now, so that will remove CSR's from office over head.
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
92builder
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by 92builder »

hockeyfreak wrote:Well, I am sure every sales person passes up opportunities everyday like that. I have passed out cards and talked to people when i began, but I honestly never seen anything evolve from that.
EXCUSE ME??? You've never seen anything evolve from telling ppl what you do? Lemme guess, you just drop your card at their feet and hope they'll call you? How about this; develop an "elevator speech" about yourself and tell everyone.

If that doesn't work, here's your next step; get with a local auctioneer and schedule your going-out-of-business sale b/c if you can't formulate a discussion with a prospect about buying from you and closing the sale, you need to get out now.